Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are old people so rude?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Honestly, whats makes oap's such miserable impolite fuckers. Went to the bank this morning and had to endure the terrible moaning and casual racism of the pensioners in the queue. Followed it up with a visit to the supermarket where several old dears barged and elbowed their way past me and none of the oaps i politely moved out of the way or waited til they were finished investigating every loaf of bread etc bothered to say thank you in fact most just glared at me.
They would have been like that all their lives, you don't get old and miserable, you just get old.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If you wanna hear an old dear with the hump, just win the last full house at the bingo! That pisses them off big time haha!

Btw, I only know this from when I used to take my ol' nan, bless her!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Honestly, whats makes oap's such miserable impolite fuckers. Went to the bank this morning and had to endure the terrible moaning and casual racism of the pensioners in the queue. Followed it up with a visit to the supermarket where several old dears barged and elbowed their way past me and none of the oaps i politely moved out of the way or waited til they were finished investigating every loaf of bread etc bothered to say thank you in fact most just glared at me.

Thursday is pension day, the day they collect their pensions, so they're all out shopping, trying to make their few pence stretch to a few meals. Some of them are probably in pain, through arthritis, osteoporosis, making it difficult to move or turn away. Some may have dementia, and not be fully aware of what they are doing, or why. If you are covered in tattoos, piercings or have a bald head, you may look threatening or frightening to them. They associate such an image with the look of criminals in their youth, a difficult image to eradicate. As to the racism, perhaps they don't realise they are being racist, but you sensitively perceive it as such. Perhaps they are merely commenting on the staggering number of immigrants who have taken over the country which their husbands died to save it from such a fate.

Last edited:

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Because us oldens are so fed up with the number of times that you find many younger people cannot add up, think for themselves, read from scripts and have been generally dumbed down by our appalling education system.

Im 41 i can do all of those things, as can my children and my nieces and nephews, mainly because they work bloody hard at school.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
If you wanna hear an old dear with the hump, just win the last full house at the bingo! That pisses them off big time haha!

Btw, I only know this from when I used to take my ol' nan, bless her!

haha, I went to bingo once and yea, when someone calls house there's an almighty :groan: :tsk:

very funny

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Thursday is pension day, the day they collect their pensions, so they're all out shopping, trying to make their few pence stretch to a few meals. Some of them are probably in pain, through arthritis, osteoporosis, making it difficult to move or turn away. Some may have dementia, and not be fully aware of what they are doing, or why. If you are covered in tattoos, piercings or have a bald head, you may look threatening or frightening to them. They associate such an image with the look of criminals in their youth, a difficult image to eradicate. As to the racism, perhaps they don't realise they are being racist, but you sensitively perceive it as such. Perhaps they are merely commenting on the staggering number of immigrants who have taken over the country which their husbands died to save it from such a fate.

Not all oaps are on the breadline, in fact married with kids, one child with a disability which means one of us cant work, i find it pretty hard to stretch our income to afford heating, mortgage anything for christmas.

I was always taught that you stand aside for the elderly precisely for the reasons you state ( ill health etc) but that doesn't mean they cant say thank you.

I'm not tattoed or bald, I don't dress stangely, im not especially tall or overweight. i was wearing my green and black jack Wolfskin jacket. Admittedly it is 5 years old now, but it currently has a poppy pinned to it.

I'm not sure there are many people anywhere who don't understand that the word Paki is racist.

Seaford hasn't exactly been " taken over with immigrants"

I doubt many 65 year old men had husbands who were WW2 veterans

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
My kids call me a miserable old git, obviously I disagree. I just think so many younger people are products of Thatchers Britain, me me me and f*** the rest of you.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
You must remember that today's OAP belongs to the ' free love ' hippy generation of the '60's...........

They're all crabby because the govt. won't allow them a legal spliff every now and then.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
My wife tells me i've turned into a bitter old man, so if its happened to me its sure as hell gonna happen to all you youngster's on here!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
im a right grumpy git now at the age of 51,
god knows what ill be like at 71, IF i get to 71

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You are right,even at my old age I still say thank you,please,...in fact always use my manners...until some slob jumps the queue,pushes through crowds,be they young,old,middle age I get upset by them...which shows to me that there is good,bad amongst all ages,I treat people by their reaction to me. When you younger people...or IF you people in this day and age reach old age you will find out why older people get grumpy!! Always remember....Youth......."How old are you Grandad?"
Old Man..."85..Why?"
Youth......"Bloody hell,hope I don't get that old!"
Old Man..."You'll wish to be that old when you're 84!"

?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
can't wait to get back to the area and join them .........................

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I was in Worthing HMV, queuing for the tills about a month ago. I got to the front bit where you wait and there were about 6 or 7 people behind me, when I notice this old dear who was about 4'1, clutching a bag, wandering past everyone in the queue. There were some dodgy "is she doing what I think she's doing?" looks but no-one said anything, which I find quite a lot of people don't do. They'll mutter and glance but the vast majority of people avoid any kind of confrontation. Anyway she got behind me and paused, I thought she was looking at the shit autobiographies that are always in the queuing bit at HMV, but no, she just ploughed past me and went to go up to the counter. Now I do think of myself as a polite person, and I respect my elders and all, but being a dickhead is being a dickhead, whether you're 5 or 105, in fact if you're older then you should know better. So, the ensuing conversation went thusly:

"Woah, excuse me. There's a queue, you've just pushed in."
"What?"
"I said you just pushed in the queue, I'm next."
"I just want to take this back."
"Yes, well I 'just' want to buy this DVD. I'm in the queue, so are these people behind me, you can't just push in."
"You shouldn't talk to me like that, I'm 83 years old!"
"What difference does that make? If you're 83 then you've had long enough to learn how a queue works, you join at the back."

At which point looking offended like I was still in the wrong, she turned to the shop assistant for backup who promptly told her to get to the back of the queue like everyone else, much to the widespread (well, the six of us in the queue) amusement of HMV clientele. No excuse for rudeness, however old you are, respect is a two way street. That old bint deserved a lot more than she got, because she knew exactly what she was doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here