Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are old people so rude?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Honestly, whats makes oap's such miserable impolite fuckers. Went to the bank this morning and had to endure the terrible moaning and casual racism of the pensioners in the queue. Followed it up with a visit to the supermarket where several old dears barged and elbowed their way past me and none of the oaps i politely moved out of the way or waited til they were finished investigating every loaf of bread etc bothered to say thank you in fact most just glared at me.

Honestly, whats makes oap's such miserable impolite fuckers. Went to the bank this morning and had to endure the terrible moaning and casual racism of the pensioners in the queue. Followed it up with a visit to the supermarket where several old dears barged and elbowed their way past me and none of the oaps i politely moved out of the way or waited til they were finished investigating every loaf of bread etc bothered to say thank you in fact most just glared at me.

They've earned the right to be rude,
I intend to be unbearable when I'm an old Cvnt.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There are a lot of grump OAPs about.

I was driving down the, now closed, road of Preston Park and there were an elderly couple walking right in the middle of it.

I leant out the window to warn them I was hoping to pass them (they were travelling at 1mph at the very most), but they didn't hear. I drove up close to them, but they didn't see me. So I hung back and let out a gentle peep of my horn. The old man jumped, turned around and called me a f***ing twat. I should have listened to the voices and ploughed through them.

Jan 30, 2008
so you'll not be doing the same thing when you reach OAP :facepalm:

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Because us oldens are so fed up with the number of times that you find many younger people cannot add up, think for themselves, read from scripts and have been generally dumbed down by our appalling education system.

Jan 30, 2008
There are a lot of grump OAPs about.

I was driving down the, now closed, road of Preston Park and there were an elderly couple walking right in the middle of it.

I leant out the window to warn them I was hoping to pass them (they were travelling at 1mph at the very most), but they didn't hear. I drove up close to them, but they didn't see me. So I hung back and let out a gentle peep of my horn. The old man jumped, turned around and called me a f***ing twat. I should have listened to the voices and ploughed through them.
truth hurts :whistle:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Because us oldens are so fed up with the number of times that you find many younger people cannot add up, think for themselves, read from scripts and have been generally dumbed down by our appalling education system.

So you're rude to the NICE ones?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure there are far more lovely old ladies than grumpy ones. That said, last weekend I was at Victoria Station with a few other NSCers, en route to Birmingham, and as we walked towards the stairs at the Tube station, a man came up the steps and accidentally knocked (very slightly) a fairly elderly woman who was waiting, right in the middle of the exit.

Before he could even start to apologise, she launched an absolute torrent of abuse at him, utterly disproportionate to the light tap he'd inadvertently given her. She was so rude it was actually funny, mainly because it was so unexpected and unjustified.

Think the bloke was a foreign tourist: welcome to Britain, chap, welcome to Britain! :lol:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Actually I'm a charming fellow and very grateful for all those youngsters who are paying their taxes to support my pension. Thank you very much. I agree that some old folk are the absolute worst, barging into you and jumping queues. As for giving way on buses to folk with pushchairs or wheelchairs they can be simply rude. Of course some of them have health and mobility problems but they do seem to lack manners.

D

Deleted member 18477

elderly people. some are nice. some are rude.

respect the nice ones. tell the rude ones to F off!

treat others how you want to be treated. simple.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The thing with old people on the bus is, it can present a proper dilemma.

Where's the line? How old does someone have to be before you offer them your seat? Do you risk offending someone by giving up your seat and having them say "you cheeky bastard, I'm not that old", or risk everyone else thinking "what a twat" because you didn't give up the seat as you thought they looked perfectly fit and healthy.

It's a RIGHT kerfuffle. Maybe we could give everyone over a certain age, or with particular frailties, a big sticker to wear, so the rest of us can give up our seats without fear of offending someone who just LOOKS a bit more weathered than they actually are.

:jester:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
It`s not just old people that are rude,I am middle aged-ish and I can give any old coffin dodger a run for their money when it comes to being rude,so f*** off!!

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I'm old and I consider it my God given right to be f*cking rude to people. I've lived this long, I deserve it.

Especially when I dished it out to some Brighton supporter in a supermarket this morning, when he politely moved out of the way for me at the bread counter and I just glared back! Ha ha ha. Take that, dogbreath!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Actually I'm a charming fellow and very grateful for all those youngsters who are paying their taxes to support my pension. Thank you very much. I agree that some old folk are the absolute worst, barging into you and jumping queues. As for giving way on buses to folk with pushchairs or wheelchairs they can be simply rude. Of course some of them have health and mobility problems but they do seem to lack manners.

Saved me a lot of typing. Thank you. It would seem some of our contemporaries are very angry at something, although I have no idea at what.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here