Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whose your money on to win the World cup this summer?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Argentina or Spain for me. Northern European sides are going to struggle with the heat and humidity.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i think (and have backed) a Germany v Argentina final

appreciate the Belgium squad has some real class these days but can't see them getting past the quarters.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Last four of

Argentina
Germany
Chile
Brazil

With Argentina beating the Germans in the final.

Spain are on the decline, Uruguay struggled to qualify and Belgium have no tournament experience.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As things stand though, I'd have Belgium right in the mix for Euro 2016. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Germany. As I said about 4 years ago we are entering a golden period of German football. This is their moment.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Germany. As I said about 4 years ago we are entering a golden period of German football. This is their moment.

but they won't be playing England every round

first time up against South American opponents they will go out,like all the other european teams

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
but they won't be playing England every round

first time up against South American opponents they will go out,like all the other european teams

We will see. Being a European team outside of Europe hasn't proved too problematic in the past....if this is what you're implying.

Oct 25, 2003
We will see. Being a European team outside of Europe hasn't proved too problematic in the past....if this is what you're implying.

there's been 9 world cups outside of europe and only 1 has been won by a european team. That was in south africa where the tournament was played in their winter with a not too unreasonable climate for european. Brazil certainly won't be like that

i'd say it's proved very problematic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here