Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whose your money on to win the World cup this summer?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Belgium LOLZ. no good squad, may have a chance in the Euros but lets get real.

You serious? Courtois, Kompany, Vermalaen, Vertonghen, Witsel, Hazard, Lukaku, Mirallas, De Bruyne, Defour, Dembele... They have a better team than England, that's for sure.

I wouldn't say they were amongst the top favourites though, Germany or Brazil for me.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Argentina are good up top, but pretty shocking at the back.

Brazil will probably get through to the Semis have proven that they are beatable and are defensively frail.

Uruguay will do well providing they qualify.

Italy, Holland and Russia will be hard to beat.

Any team with a sound defence always does well at the world cup and so I think the Swiss may be the surprise package this year as their group is favourable toward them and France.

If England can keep their squad fit and in form, there's no reason why they can't do aswell as Belgium who despite having a decent squad have no depth but have a good starting XI.

You can forget about the likes of Columbia who always bottle it at the major tournaments.

Portugal will be too reliant on Ronaldo and so, the only two teams I think stand out with a good enough squads are again Spain & Germany.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Top Scorer? Look for a good team in a weak group and hope the main man finds the ball sack.

Neymar has Cameroon and Croatia to try and bag a few against along with Mexico. Could do well in those games.

RVP has Chile and Australia but I dont fancy Holland to excel. Chile are a good outfit also. Rule him Out.

Falcao has Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan. That looks a lovely group for him.

Suarez has Costa Rica, Italy and us. I can't see him bagging many.

However, if he's not in jail, BENZEMA. Switzerland, Honduras and Ecuador. That'll do.

Finally, Mr Messi and Aguero have Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria. Fill yer boots lads. Fill yer boots

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Like some on here i don't rate belguim's chances,although good individually in some area's it takes more than that to go far in the World Cup.I'm surprised in the lack of interest in Spain,by far the best team in the world in recent years,been there and done it on European and world level,I think they are good value,certainly better value than Belgium.In saying all that it's Brazil's to lose with Germany as my next favourites.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Germany - No team comes anywhere near. As for the South Americans? Argentina for me...Brazil will bottle it. Outside Euro bet? Belgium.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You serious? Courtois, Kompany, Vermalaen, Vertonghen, Witsel, Hazard, Lukaku, Mirallas, De Bruyne, Defour, Dembele... They have a better team than England, that's for sure.

I wouldn't say they were amongst the top favourites though, Germany or Brazil for me.

Quite but how many of those players are truely world class? at this moment in time, Kompany and Hazard, Lukaku questionable may have something about him.

Intresting you missed Fellani off that list.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Quite but how many of those players are truely world class? at this moment in time, Kompany and Hazard, Lukaku questionable may have something about him.

Forgot he was Belgian! Yeah so him as well, although I'm not sure he'll get in their side given the injuries & bad form he was in. But yeah I agree maybe some of them aren't truly world class but I certainly think they could be very dangerous for bigger teams in the knock out rounds. They have a very solid 'spine' of the team.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Belgium are far superior to England right now - Anybody who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Belgium are far superior to England right now - Anybody who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Where did I say England were better you melt?

No doubt Belgium have a few decent players, but just because they have been shit for the last 20+ years doesnt mean now they have a team of half talented players they are going to win the World Cup.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Mignolet, Chadli, Benteke, Alderweireld, and potentially Januzaj, were also missing. It's a decent group of players but little chance of winning the thing.

Argentina or Brazil for me.

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
bearing in mind England are shit, no European team has won a world cup in south America I'm going to put a tenner on Brazil.

Oct 25, 2003
Germany have the strongest squad in my view. Spain are also still going to be there or there abouts and have a squad that know how to win things. However, I can't look past a South American team winning it

Brazil are under more pressure than any other host nation in my memory, and I think they'll buckle. Despite having (on paper) a fairly average defence, Argentina's attack is absolutely ridiculous and I can see them scoring their way to glory.

Colombia also look strong, and I was impressed by Chile when they beat England, but not enough for either of them to win it in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here