Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want after Gus

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'm gonna get slated here, But I think we should go in for Mick McCarthy.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Would people come up with Curbishley if he hadn't played for us - of course they wouldn't. It's just some romantic idea people have.

Yes they would, because he's a very good manager out of work.

I was 3 when he left so have no nostalgia playing a part in this.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Only one bloke I want here when poyet ****s off, Eddie Howe.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I like the idea someone posted on another thread. Frank Lampard as player-manager with a wise old head to support him. He may not start as that good a manager, but his goals would transform out team. Maybe Denis Wise could guide him?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I'm gonna get slated here, But I think we should go in for Mick McCarthy.

I was thinking that. I dont care about the poncey football. I just want results. McCarthy would bring results. If we are going for long term then eddie howe is the man

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Eddie Howe just won't move from Bournemouth at this time. He loves it there and has them up. He moved back from Burnley for family reasons so those reasons are unlikely to have changed.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
But Brighton is far closer to Bournemouth thab Burnley! I'd lovr any of Martinez, DM or Howe in that order :) Couldn't see us getting any of them easily though unless our project temps them

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Sean O'Driscoll.

Or let Charlie Oatway have a crack at it with Calde as his number two. We'd then have a team which plays with a lot of passion.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Luis Enrique - plays in a similar way, out of work, managed at a lower level (Barca B) and if anything is better known that Poyet (especially in Spain). Imagine using his contacts with Barca and now Guardiola at Munich

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
give Phil Neville a chance reckon he would do well

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I am not anti Curbishley just think that he is not the real deal as many on here suggest and I would think that many other chairmen think the same as he has never been offered a job for some time.

"Not the real deal"? He took Charlton up twice, kept them up for years (and look what happened to them when he left) and also kept West Ham up. What WOULD constitute the real deal? Champions League? The amazing thing, bearing in mind his record, is that he's not working already.

Oh, and by the way, his assistant at Charlton (Mervyn Day) already works for the Albion.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Let's steal 'Arry from QPR.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
RDM with Calde as assistant. If RDM then leaves after a couple of years I have no doubt that Calde would become a very competent ready made replacement. Has all the ingredients to become a good manager. Just to throw another name in the ring. Jamie Rednapp said on Jonathan Ross show that he wanted to manage some day. Any thoughts????

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I think Mark Hughes could do a job. Had a torrid time at QPR and needs a fresh start. Had a pretty good record before that...

that is batsh it mental. You must be high on drugs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here