Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who would have been the perfect leader to take us through this pandemic

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thatcher. She wouldn’t have any truck with old Etonians.
She got a lot wrong but got a lot right as well.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I think Tony Blair would have been a good leader throughout this pandemic love or loath him he was a brilliant PM who happened to just make one mother of all f@#k ups and ignoring that he has the skill set that this current oaf hasn’t

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’d add Gordon Brown to those two, he was brilliant, decisive and brave in 2008.
But he still got the blame from the electorate and the Tory Party for causing the " Global " financial crisis though [emoji848]...

I think that almost any Prime Minister of the last 40 years would have done a better job than Johnson. Even Theresa May would have listened to the best experts and taken action accordingly. The Wobbly Shopping Trolley can't focus, can't think and can't steer a straight course. We got our worst ever Prime Minister at the worst ever time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apart from the gold reserve debacle
Which has subsequently been well and truly superceded by our £37 billion Track and Trace failure.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Love her or loathe her (I fall into the latter camp), Thatcher had a scientific background, wasn't afraid to be unpopular and took no nonsense from backbenchers. Johnson (apart from being a Conservative) is the polar opposite.

Perhaps the question would be better phrased "Who would have dealt with Covid worse ?" (apart from Bolsanaro). I'd struggle to think of a British PM/Party leader who could have been worse.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Perhaps the question would be better phrased "Who would have dealt with Covid worse ?" (apart from Bolsanaro). I'd struggle to think of a British PM/Party leader who could have been worse.

I think Callaghan would have given it a bloody good go

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Whoever it was is always going to get criticised, but as the vaccination programme is still part of the overall pandemic in my opinion, I think Boris has done just as well as anyone else was lively too.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Thatcher. She wouldn’t have any truck with old Etonians.
She got a lot wrong but got a lot right as well.

At the time I thought she was evil heartless @#%& without an ounce of compassion, as with many things as one ages our views opinions and tastes evolve I am now in my sixties and with the benefit of hindsight over the intervening years One can reflect as such I now think she was the most evil heartless #**%@ with out an once of compassion who did no lasting good, with no industrial base no British owned motorcar industry same for steel all the oil was sold off and not reinvested (see Norway for how it should have been done) no renewal of the council housing stock which was sold off, the destruction of trades unions the selling off of our assets rail, BT, Gas, Electricity parts of the Post Office, parts of the NHS (see Capita) the throwing of a generation onto the scrap heap with no jobs no hope while allowing free reign to assist stripping money people no one has ever heard of making millions on the backs of the masses, I cannot genuinely think of one thing she got right evil pure evil

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
At the time I thought she was evil heartless @#%& without an ounce of compassion, as with many things as one ages our views opinions and tastes evolve I am now in my sixties and with the benefit of hindsight over the intervening years One can reflect as such I now think she was the most evil heartless #**%@ with out an once of compassion who did lasting good here we are with no industrial base no British owned motorcar industry same for steel all the oil was sold off and not reinvested (see Norway for how it should have been done) no renewal of the council housing stock sold off, the destruction of trades unions selling off of our assets rail, BT, Gas, Electricity parts of the Post Office, parts of the NHS (see Capita) the throwing of a generation onto the scrap heap with no jobs no hope while allowing free reign to assist stripping money people no one has ever heard of making millions on the backs of the masses, I cannot genuinely think of one thing she got right evil pure evil

Abolishing full stops was her biggest mistake though.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Whoever it was is always going to get criticised, but as the vaccination programme is still part of the overall pandemic in my opinion, I think Boris has done just as well as anyone else was lively too.

Boris has made misjudgment after misjudgment the only thing he got correct was buying the vaccines and giving them to the NHS to distribute

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here