Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who would have been the perfect leader to take us through this pandemic

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Cases are ramping up again I can only stand back and admire the incompetence of this government. Come the end of next week when all the morons go maskless 100,000 cases a day wouldn’t surprise me.

Who else would be better? Christ knows, the trouble with politicians is none of them have ever lived a hard life wondering where the next meal is coming from.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was a dark day for the country - with terrible ongoing consequences - when the Tory membership voted for Johnson over Hunt to lead them.

The sooner they run Johnson out of town the better for us all.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Rory Stewart without a doubt.

But he was forced out of the Conservative party by Johnson for being a cool head, intelligent, humble, experienced in formulating and delivering strategy, straightforward, self-deprecating, pragmatic, widely-respected, able to build alliances and a natural leader.

Apart from that he was probably rubbish at jokes and three word slogans.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The first responsibility of a government is to protect its citizens. Anyone willing to do whatever is necessary to achieve that, would do a better job than Boris, who is failing. Actions could include the imposition of martial law, anti-vaxxers' banned from all social media and their wages stopped, compulsory transportation of persistent transgressors to St. Kilda, and compulsory vaccinations for all others unless medically indicated otherwise. All dissent, strikes and protests outlawed until further notice.

Welcome Xi Jinping

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cases are ramping up again I can only stand back and admire the incompetence of this government. Come the end of next week when all the morons go maskless 100,000 cases a day wouldn’t surprise me.

Who else would be better? Christ knows, the trouble with politicians is none of them have ever lived a hard life wondering where the next meal is coming from.

Wouldn’t surprise them either as 100k was said to be a possibility

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rory Stewart would’ve been miles better. John Major would also have been comfortably better, if you’re wanting to stick to Tory leaders.

I think the question is more “who would’ve been worse?”

I genuinely can’t think of anyone in my lifetime more incompetent, more ill-suited to bring a leader.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think the question is more “who would’ve been worse?”

I genuinely can’t think of anyone in my lifetime more incompetent, more ill-suited to bring a leader.

It wasn't. But dont let that stop you trying to score cheap political points.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I'm tempted to nominate several labour leaders, Attlee obviously but also Brown, who responded really well to the economic crash, plus others. However I think the Thatcherite and libertarians of the press would have absolutely piled in with negative crap if a labour leader tried to take the necessary lock down and border restrictions. Johnson gets pretty much a pass on this, but can you imagine if May was still in power the shit she'd be getting from the ERG and papers like the Telegraph and Express

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And keep the economy and education in reasonable fettle.

Lots of people saying that Boris is rubbish so let hear who would have been better.

And before the jokers get busy lets rule out 'anyone' as a reply.

Well, looking at number of Covid deaths, government debt and education Angela Merkel has done better in all three.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Johnson has been objectively terrible.

I'd even go so far as to say that IDS would have done a better job. In fact, the only current serving MPs who would have performed worse would be the ilk of Bill Cash, Mark Francois etc.

I agree with all the previous choices as well.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ANY serious politician from ANY party would have been a better leader than BJ. Same goes for the US of A. ANY serious politician would have been a better leader than Trump. It's been a perfect storm on both sides of the pond

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Even a foreign agent determined to **** the country up would have struggled to achieve as much success as Boris and his corrupt cronies.

They've really have excelled.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yup, she didn'f f@ck about did she? " The borders are shut, you're not going out and ,as sure as sh@t, you're definitely NOT coming in."

A while back my mate wanted to go home for a bit, I had to let him know it was a four month wait for a free place at a quarantine hotel. He stayed in Manchester.

I’m told by some on here New Zealand is different because it’s an island.......

Arden for me. Then Thatcher

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
And keep the economy and education in reasonable fettle.

Lots of people saying that Boris is rubbish so let hear who would have been better.

And before the jokers get busy lets rule out 'anyone' as a reply.

draw a face on a balloon and sellotape it to a broomstick

(it will have a longer attention span and a better decision making process; it will not be corrupt or try to shag your wife)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One things for sure, we should have a deep mistrust of anyone actively forcing a country into chaos who then says they have all the answers to fix it.

That's even before a pandemic is unleashed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here