Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will still buy the sun?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
i dont buy the sun mainly because i can get all my info online,

i wonder how many Liverpool fans who refuse to by the sun have sky TV, are they not owned by the same people?

Sky wasn't around then was it? Regardless, it was The Scum that published 'The Truth'.

This was my thought behind it. The sun is a load of nonsense though and the report they published in the aftermouth of Hillsborough was disrespectful and should never have been allowed to print.

Disrespectful?

That odious rag ACCUSED Liverpool fans of stealing from the dead and dying, pissing on the dead (where the f*** did they dream that up?), fighting with emergency service people helping the injured and dying and causing the deaths of 96 football fans. What they (McKenzie and co.) did went way beyond disrespectful. I hope that all associated with the lies The Scum put out get their asses reamed out in court and they lose every f***ing penny they have.

It isn't even fit to line cat boxes.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Sky wasn't around then was it? Regardless, it was The Scum that published 'The Truth'.

Disrespectful?

That odious rag ACCUSED Liverpool fans of stealing from the dead and dying, pissing on the dead (where the f*** did they dream that up?), fighting with emergency service people helping the injured and dying and causing the deaths of 96 football fans. What they (McKenzie and co.) did went way beyond disrespectful. I hope that all associated with the lies The Scum put out get their asses reamed out in court and they lose every f***ing penny they have.

It isn't even fit to line cat boxes.

Perhaps i didnt word what i was saying quite strongly enough.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I buy the sun purely for its football content. It has nothing to do with my IQ and would much rather read that than The Guardian or Mail. The Sun is and always has been the best paper for football news. match reports and information.

Likewise.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why is everybody blaming the Sun, for running a story that was fed to them by the Police in the first place. The Police fed the story to Mackenzie and he was happy to run it, that was wrong. But how was Mackenzie to know he was being fed a pack of lies?.The bigger picture here is the Police themselves, not some low life editor who was acting on the "facts" he was given at the time. The Police should be bought too book over this and someone should serve some hard time for it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why is everybody blaming the Sun, for running a story that was fed to them by the Police in the first place. The Police fed the story to Mackenzie and he was happy to run it, that was wrong. But how was Mackenzie to know he was being fed a pack of lies?.The bigger picture here is the Police themselves, not some low life editor who was acting on the "facts" he was given at the time. The Police should be bought too book over this and someone should serve some hard time for it.

That is very naive. I refer you to post #43.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
That is very naive. I refer you to post #43.

What's naive about changing 160+ statements, opening the gates, then telling lies to the press. The Police condemned 96 innocent people to there deaths that afternoon, not the Sun newspaper. Although their coverage was appalling at the time and totally disrespectful, they were still only acting on information received....wrong information as it now turns out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's naive about changing 160+ statements, opening the gates, then telling lies to the press. The Police condemned 96 innocent people to there deaths that afternoon, not the Sun newspaper. Although their coverage was appalling at the time and totally disrespectful, they were still only acting on information received....wrong information as it now turns out.

Did you read Tooting Gull's post? The Daily Mirror were given the same lies by the police etc but chose to talk to the fans as well. Their front page was far more balanced than the Sun. You asked why everyone was blaming the Sun. That is a naive question, try looking a bit deeper.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Went to Liverpool Uni mid-90's and I was one of the very few on Merseyside to buy the Sun religously.
Some newsagents didn't even stock it whilst the ones that did only ordered a few copies,looking very lonely on the shelves next door to the mass piles of the Mirror newspaper.
My mates from Liverpool wouldn't even glance at the Sun such was their disgust but never knocked me for buying it.
Haven't bought it for years purely because it is rubbish and the football news in it is not so good as before (apart from maybe on saturdays); it had nothing to do with Hillsborough.
Having said that if I was still buying it I certainly wouldn't now due to the poor way the newspaper has attempted to apologize or in fact previous non apology over the years for these lies.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Went to Liverpool Uni mid-90's and I was one of the very few on Merseyside to buy the Sun religously.
Some newsagents didn't even stock it whilst the ones that did only ordered a few copies,looking very lonely on the shelves next door to the mass piles of the Mirror newspaper.
My mates from Liverpool wouldn't even glance at the Sun such was their disgust but never knocked me for buying it.
Haven't bought it for years purely because it is rubbish and the football news in it is not so good as before (apart from maybe on saturdays); it had nothing to do with Hillsborough.
Having said that if I was still buying it I certainly wouldn't now due to the poor way the newspaper has attempted to apologize or in fact previous non apology over the years for these lies.

I was at uni there early 90s. Got well put in my place early on by locals for reading it.

Jul 13, 2012
bought it at 6.30 this morning and will do for the foreseeable future. 3 million copies sold each day. The sun paper is the paper, how many sales do the Guardian get? *snigger*

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Hate it but not because of all this latest stuff even the football content is dramatised crap. They build people up and then destroy them. Utter Utter crap, as most papers are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here