Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will still buy the sun?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
OK I know it's bandwagon and all that, but following the phone hacking, now this admission of guilt following Hillsborough, it is now totally dead to me. I'm not a tabloid reader usually, but sometimes I did buy it. Now if I was to buy a red top it wouldn't be that shitty f***ing rag

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Will never and have never purchased one single publication of that pathetic rag. Although saying that, for different reasons I don't feel the need to buy any paper. Really don't see the point, esp. These days

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I find it genuinely disappointing that, not only do my co-workers often sit at work browsing the Sun website for the latest revelation about Kerry Katona, but my girlfriend also buys the Sun when faced with a choice of papers.

FML.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Although not condoning The Sun for one moment I noticed that the BBC reports from the day with Moira Stewart were reporting that Liverpool fans had forced open a turnstile and that had caused the crush.
This info was fed to them by the police I presume.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Although not condoning The Sun for one moment I noticed that the BBC reports from the day with Moira Stewart were reporting that Liverpool fans had forced open a turnstile and that had caused the crush.
This info was fed to them by the police I presume.

There's nothing wrong in reporting that allegation, we know now that the police were briefing journalists that that's what happened, it was bound to be reported. What The Sun did that was so wrong was not alleging this but reporting it as "The Truth" - truly terrible journalism.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Hopefully we'll never have to see that arrogant twat "Kelvin" MacKenzie spouting his opinions on Question Time & other programmes.
Do one "Kevin".

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I only buy it when I'm out of real toilet paper

Why don't you just buy more toilet paper?

Years ago I used to work as a labourer on building sites and my workmates were genuinely perplexed that I chose to read a proper paper. In fact I suspect some of them thought I was a pretentious twat. One bricklayer used to insist on going into the shop and getting a paper for me- invariably The Sun or The Star.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
only time I bought it was when abroad to keep up with news at home. going away this weekend - will not be purchasing

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I have bought it in the past, and will continue to do so. It's extremely good for the sports coverage (much better than the other tabloids), and also passes 20mins on the bus. It nicely balances out the Financial Times that I have to read too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here