Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will leave us in the summer

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Discussing this topic with my pal last night, fees are irrelevant to supporters as the last two windows have proved. The majority of posters would admit selling the midfield duo left us short and the club tried to patch it up with a free signing and a young lad who had only played a handful of games last season.
January comes and goes another couple of kids signed not much help to a coach who is trying to compete on three fronts.
Interesting to see how it pans out in the summer on a couple of fronts.
I suppose the fees are what means we're not looking over our shoulder FFP-wise like a lot of other clubs are.

And even then, getting £110m for Caicedo softens the blow for fans more effectively than getting half that, which was what was originally on the table.

But I take the point that it's harder to get as excited over a balance sheet as it is to winning matches.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can see someone offering money that's stupid enough for the club to cash in on Joao Pedro. Might be some sniffing around JPVH, Mitoma and Adingra. If we can fend off the vultures, only lose one and sign a ready-made central midfielder I think that would count as a satisfactory summer and constitute 'backing the manager'. With an extra year's experience in the group and fewer injuries, could set us up for a really good season again next year.

Who that manager will be is possibly the biggest question.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Brighton's model depends on sales.

You can't convince young 18 year old South Americans to join if there's no path to play. Estupian (55M) and maybe Mitoma (65-70M) to leave. RDZ to leave too. Barca, Liverpool and probably Bayern job will be up for grabs.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I can see someone offering money that's stupid enough for the club to cash in on Joao Pedro.
One thing which could (or ok, might not) have an effect is whether he starts for Brazil in their upcoming games. They are playing us at Wembley next month. If he starts and performs and possibly scores, he carries the transfer fee, less like that of a promising young striker from a mid table side and more like that of a Brazil number 9.

Not impossible he'll have Dunk marking him. Though happily for Joao, more likely Maguire.

They also have Spain to play coming up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Lewis Dunk to Saudi :moo:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
why? Because of a quiet January? Teams will be back spending again this summer.

Man United would like a player like Pervis and Mitoma and have the means to buy them.
They have the means yes.

FFP (and PSR) headroom will be the constraint.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I suppose the fees are what means we're not looking over our shoulder FFP-wise like a lot of other clubs are.

And even then, getting £110m for Caicedo softens the blow for fans more effectively than getting half that, which was what was originally on the table.

But I take the point that it's harder to get as excited over a balance sheet as it is to winning matches.
Not just not looking over our shoulder, but enough headroom to take advantage of badly managed clubs that end up having to have a fire sale……..

Pete Skinner

Jan 27, 2024
My big, big fear is Joao Pedro.

He's so, so good, I could easily see a City, Liverpool, Arsenal or PSG (not Madrid as they're getting Mbappe) level side coming in for him with a massive offer we can't turn down this summer. I think some Brighton fans still under rate quite how good this guy is already, he's our best player and is only going to get better.

Desperately want to see him for at least another season.
My biggest fear is RDZ going to Liverpool and taking some of our better players with him. If he does go - who should replace him?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Who will leave the club on a permanent deal this summer?

Obviously lots of speculation on here about Mitoma and others who would attract a lot of money. But who else do you think?

Undav?
Scherpen?
Leonard?
Lamptey?
Moder?

Can you see any surprise exits?
Mitoma and Perv for sure.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Who will leave the club on a permanent deal this summer?

Obviously lots of speculation on here about Mitoma and others who would attract a lot of money. But who else do you think?

Undav?
Scherpen?
Leonard?
Lamptey?
Moder?

Can you see any surprise exits?
You asked for a surprise, I think Enciso might be the surprise. I believe the kid is already on the verge of being superb, nay top-class, we just haven't really seen it yet because he's spent most of the season injured. Moreover I think Julio himself might believe the same and may have been thinking - 'one more year at Brighton, then I'll move on'. And he may still be thinking that regardless of the injury. Put it another way, if a good move becomes available, I wouldn't be at all surprised if him and his agent really push for it.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
You asked for a surprise, I think Enciso might be the surprise. I believe the kid is already on the verge of being superb, nay top-class, we just haven't really seen it yet because he's spent most of the season injured. Moreover I think Julio himself might believe the same and may have been thinking - 'one more year at Brighton, then I'll move on'. And he may still be thinking that regardless of the injury. Put it another way, if a good move becomes available, I wouldn't be at all surprised if him and his agent really push for it.
I think Enciso is too raw and would really have to push on and excel in the rest of the season for that to happen. The injury has put his trajectory back a year.

I also think that people on here have some rose tinted glasses thinking back on Enciso - hugely talented yes, but he's not the finished article yet at all. I think we will keep developing him a bit longer until he's more polished.

When he goes, it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being messy and dramatic like Caicedo, but we're not near that point yet.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think Enciso is too raw and would really have to push on and excel in the rest of the season for that to happen. The injury has put his trajectory back a year.

I also think that people on here have some rose tinted glasses thinking back on Enciso - hugely talented yes, but he's not the finished article yet at all. I think we will keep developing him a bit longer until he's more polished.

When he goes, it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being messy and dramatic like Caicedo, but we're not near that point yet.
Yeah, I think this is absolutely the general consensus about Enciso. For me, I'm not so sure, those 67 minutes against Wolves suggested something had really blossomed there, and then bam, injured.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Mitoma and Perv for sure.
Not convinced on Mitoma. Just not sure he is consistent enough for a big club to pay the fee at his age.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
As the thread starter, I've not mentioned my opinion yet.

I think we'll sell nobody for big money this summer.

Mitoma we'll have the most interest in, but a combination of big club FFP woes, his new deal and the imperative to not piss off RDZ too much will mean we're never offered enough to be seriously tempted.

Pedro, we'll look to get another year out of unless £100m+ comes in. Which I can't see.

I don't think Pervis has done enough to get a big 6 club bidding big money. Enciso would need a hell of an end season as well to attract the sort of bids which will tempt us.

What we will do, is have a real clearance of younger players. I think everyone out on loan now over the age of 20 will be sold except Rushworth.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I have a hunch Mitoma will go to Man U, as one of the few sides I expect to splash the cash under a new owner. I have no evidence for this hunch, but this is NSC so I don’t need any.

Pervis’ current form should be keeping the big bids away.

I don’t expect us to sell Pedro unless there’s a truly silly bid.

Like others I expect a number of fringe and loan players to leave, many for tidy profits to keep the wheel of the model turning: Webster (replaced by Colwill?); Undav; Alzate; Dahoud; Sima; Scherpen

I expect the likes of Moder, Sarmiento to be given pre season to prove themselves.

Lallana I think will retire and ‘move upstairs’

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we don’t get back into Europe, I can see quite a few going, especially as our modus operandi seems to be “ whoever you are, so long as people pay, thanks for the memories”

so I see Fati, Pedro, adringa, Mitoma, Ferguson, pervis and probably pascal if he establishes himself in the German team.

these are the salad days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here