Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will leave us in the summer

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bit to early for this thread who knows what we will achieve this season so many variables.
If he hit a run of form like the beginning of the season five wins out of six it would make things very interesting.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
worst case scenario is

Pervis
Pedro
Mitoma

I hoping its just Pervis. But fear the way Pedro is going.... we have a problem !

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
See no reason to sell mitoma unless a 100m+ bid comes in which it won't.

The Japanese do not strike ! And he's just signed a contract. So tough luck son you're staying for a bit longer !!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
worst case scenario is

Pervis
Pedro
Mitoma

I hoping its just Pervis. But fear the way Pedro is going.... we have a problem !
If we can keep it down to just one sale and keep RDZ I predict a banger of a season next time around.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It is, but last summer we had a massive sale so it may not be so necessary this summer.
And that was on top of another 2 sales worth about 75m combined.

We can definitely afford to not sell any of our current regulars, especially if we're likely to get good money for on-loan players like Undav and Sima (assuming his injury isn't long-term).

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
worst case scenario is

Pervis
Pedro
Mitoma

On no account must Pedro be sold this summer. We need at least one, if not two more years out of him, as he helps us to win our first major trophy. Then he can leave with our blessings for a record shattering fee.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I think we can relax a bit given the general state of the market with FFP starting to bite. There will be bargains to be had elsewhere with more clubs needing to sell to balance the books (or in order to buy) and fewer clubs with enough FFP leeway to meet Bloom's valuation of players.

I would say that the club is probably more worried about not being able to shift some of the fringe or loaned players who historically would have attracted larger fees and turned a tidy profit.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't one first team sale to keep the conveyor belt rolling along, with the caveat that maybe the double sale of AliMac and Caicedo might mean skipping a summer window without a big departure.

If Joao Pedro keeps banging him in, he could be the one that attracts a really big bid and goes before it was planned. Other than that, I agree with the general sentiment that it will probably be Mitoma (sadly) to go if anyone from the first team squad.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My big, big fear is Joao Pedro.

He's so, so good, I could easily see a City, Liverpool, Arsenal or PSG (not Madrid as they're getting Mbappe) level side coming in for him with a massive offer we can't turn down this summer. I think some Brighton fans still under rate quite how good this guy is already, he's our best player and is only going to get better.

Desperately want to see him for at least another season.
Losing Pedro would be a step too far for me. I’d be very upset. Hopefully the Caicedo story will convince him to do at least another year.

I predict the following players leave:

The big £s summer transfer:
Mitoma

Cashing in on loan players:
Undav
Sima
Dahoud
Sarmiento
Kozlowski
Alzate

Retirement or a step down to the Championship:
Lallana
Milner

Loan return:
Ansu Fati

Too injured:
Lamptey?? (I think he is one injury away from getting the push)

Skill set not required by RDZ:
Moder
Webster (if we sign someone else first)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The market might be very different if there are a number of clubs looking to offload players to meet FFP requirements or else land in a world of shit. The likes of Chelsea and Man City could be sellers, not buyers, and so the domestic market for our top players could boil down to Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal.

Would Mitoma be seen as an upgrade on Rashford, Garnacho, Jota, Luis Diaz, Son, Martinelli or even Trossard?. City still have Doku and Grealish, Chelsea have £80mill man Mudryk, Sterling, Palmer.

I think if we finish trophyless and out of the European places then Joao Pedro and Mitoma will be at obvious risk, but all of our other main players will stay.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think the big money sale might be Estupinian.

BUT...if we sold Dahoud, Undav, Sima, Sarmiento, Scherpen, Webster, Moder, Kozlowski that might get us around 50m. We'd only really need to add a centre back and cdm so 50m should hopefully be enough to cover that.

That would give us a squad of:

Steele
Ver Bruggen
McGill/Rushworth/Beadle

Lamptey
Veltman
Estupinian
Barco
Dunk
Van Hecke
Igor
New guy

Gross
Gilmour
Baleba
New guy
Hinshelwood
Milner

Mitoma
Adingra
March
Enciso
Buonnanote
Osman
Lallana

Welbeck
Pedro
Ferguson

That would be 27 first team players plus all the U21s/players coming back from loan I've forgotten. Although I suspect Lallana might retire in the summer.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Webster - not good enough
Lallana - retired
Moder - needs to play regularly and can only see him as a bit part player here.
Milner - don't see the point in him.
Sarmiento - way down the list of choice.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
You're a brave poster, there's a nsc tradition of attacking anyone who starts such a thread mid season :bowdown: . Disrespectful to players, apparently.

Anyway:
Webster
Undav
Lallana (does his contract expire?)
Dahoud
Fati (obviously, but would love him to stay)

Then potentially:
Pedro
Mitoma

With Moder, I'd love him to show the quality he had pre-injury and to fit in again.
I think Moder needs to go. I've yet to see anything, especially post-comeback, to suggest he's worth keeping.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
My big, big fear is Joao Pedro.

He's so, so good, I could easily see a City, Liverpool, Arsenal or PSG (not Madrid as they're getting Mbappe) level side coming in for him with a massive offer we can't turn down this summer. I think some Brighton fans still under rate quite how good this guy is already, he's our best player and is only going to get better.

Desperately want to see him for at least another season.
I would be extremely disappointed if we let him go after only 1 season. I know how our recruitment policy works but 1 year would be taking the piss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here