Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Will be the next player McGhee falls out with?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
You still dont go on a radio phone in. Like I said before MM could have handled things alot better.

What had he got to lose? he clearly wasnt going to play?

Im not going like and say I rated trolly at all but its just another example of the mismangement going on at this club at all levels

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Kinky Gerbils said:
Why was he so poor for Brighton and yet managed to get on the books of a top flight club?

So he's going to make it in the premiership then? Has he found his natural level?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DJ Leon said:
So he's going to make it in the premiership then? Has he found his natural level?
Im not saying that but he managed to do enough to impress a premiership club and no enough for a league club - in my view his natural level.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Im not saying that but he managed to do enough to impress a premiership club and no enough for a league club - in my view his natural level.

It is a weird one. Did you think much of him when he played for us? Bags of pace but not alot else IMO.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
It is a weird one. Did you think much of him when he played for us? Bags of pace but not alot else IMO.
At this level pace will set give ou a great start.

Hi crossing was no much worse than Caroles and I believe he showed what he could do at Leeds.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:

Hi crossing was no much worse than Caroles and I believe he showed what he could do at Leeds.

The main reason people had a problem with Carole was because of his crossing. Jarett was at best an average league 1 winger, I haven't got a clue how he ended up at Watford. Still good luck to him.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Kinky Gerbils said:

That's because he's got pace and few tricks and Watford have blinded by it. Time will bring him down to his natural level which is League 1 or below. He's not even close to being a Darren Huckerby a man whose natural level was the Championship - and all on pace and tricks alone.

CKR has tricks, of course, but not too much pace, or an ability to head the ball, or much of a footballing brain come to think of it. Oh and his attitude stinks. He's in the Premiership too. For now.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Kinky Gerbils said:

You need pace and other attributes. Otherwise everyone would just be signing sprinters.

Oh and Carole's croosing was mostly AWFUL. HAs he proved anything at Leeds yet? I don't think so. He's started one game.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DJ Leon said:
You need pace and other attributes. Otherwise everyone would just be signing sprinters.

Oh and Carole's croosing was mostly AWFUL. HAs he proved anything at Leeds yet? I don't think so. He's started one game.

This is true!

Re: Re: Re: Who Will be the next player McGhee falls out with?

paddy said:
There are a few players in the squad, no matter how badly they perform will always be in the team because McGhee likes them. One of these is Hendo. The reason Kuipers got so frustrated and went on loan was that he wasn't getting the chance to play first team football, even when he performed well in the reserves.
Ah yes, like that time three weeks before he requested his loan that he played well in the Reserves against Reading and then was picked for the 1sts. Nice re-writing of history there. The amount of games Kuipers played in the Reserves was absolutely minimal last season.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Mark Mcghee let it happen

Bollocks - he tried everything, EVERYTHING in the two years. See if any other club ever makes Leon the skipper! :lolol: Jesus, it's weird to think that ever happened.

Repugnant Toad said:
Good call.

No-one called Tresor (or Jabo, for that matter) is going to go down well with McGhee.

Now I never thought you'd sink to stuff like that :nono:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
You cant base the arguement on McGhee falling out with goalkeepers. In the good old days (not that long ago) you had a first choice keeper, and a reserve team keeper who was normally coming up through the ranks who played midweek and was happy to sit on the bench learning the trade.

Now the demands of even L1 football ensure that you need two first team keepers, so if both are fit, and both are of the same L1 standard (i.e brilliant one game, awful the next and then average) then who plays and who doesnt ??

We tend to kid ourselves that our two keepers are anything other than average.

Kinky Gerbils said:
After a manager slagged him off to press a number of times - sometimes people can only take so much.

Show me an article from the Argus in January where McGhee slagged Big Mac off before he went on the phone-in. You won't find it because it never happened. More rewriting of history. All you will find is praise for the workrate of his last few performances in the stripes.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Kinky Gerbils said:

Im not going like and say I rated trolly at all but its just another example of the mismangement going on at this club at all levels

Thats a pretty bold statement to make. What are you basing this on besides press reports and other like-minded people's rants on here?

Do you have any direct contact with the day to day running of the club during which you have witnessed this mis-management?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
He was.

From what I have heard he was one of the ring leaders with Knight and had a reputation for being disruptive at previous clubs.

Fair enough, How very strange he has decided to change his ways at a new club.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
DAMANCLAY said:
Fair enough, How very strange he has decided to change his ways at a new club.

He's only been there a few months, just hope he is earning enough to pay for things he apparently couldnt when he was with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here