Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Will be the next player McGhee falls out with?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Mark Mcghee brought In Mccammon, Jarrett and Ckr - both ith a dodge past.

But hey ho, it cant be any part Mcghee's fault can it?

Knight, Ckr and Jarrett have all gone to bigger clubs now while the current Brighton side is rotting.

Im not stupid enough to realise it was in anyway all Mcghee's fault but he let it get this fair and he signed the players and let them carry on in the way they did for so long.

Dont think McCammon was one of Knight clan was he?
Im not saying its not partly MM's fault but you cant say just because he signed a couple of players that contriubuted to the problems its his fault. I seemed to be mostly Knights influence which is why he is now at Swansea, and after he left the other 2 didn't grow up.

Knight didn't got to a bigger club at the time, he too a step down because nobody wanted him from a bigger club just happens that we got relegated.

Did Jarett had a dodgy past? I dont remember any of that being mentioned when we signed him.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Who Will be the next player McGhee falls out with?

paddy said:
The reason Kuipers got so frustrated and went on loan was that he wasn't getting the chance to play first team football, even when he performed well in the reserves.

But regardless of how well Kuipers plays in the reserves if Henderson doesn't do anything to warrant being dropped then why should McGhee be expected to?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The-Libertine said:
So who will be the next person to fall out with the beloved McGhee?

My vote is for Henderson. As an 'international' he'll be miffed to find that Kuipers has become the No1 choice following a blinding display at Bristol City.

McGhee will use all his man-management skills to turn the incident into a major fall-out. Henderson will be dumped in the reserves with no prospect of a first-team game until he has apologised. McGhee will insist that Hendo has to apologise to him in front of the entire first-team squad in eighteen different languages while standing on one leg and dressed as a woman.

The club will issue a statement regretting Henderson's departure to a Premiership club. It will also mention that we hope to sign a striker really really soon.
Quality rant. :D

My money is on this bloke from Barnet. They will have seen us coming and Dick Knight will end up paying three times his true value (it'll be about £250k prompting much scratching of heads by the fans wondering where the f*** this money has come from) and TELLING Magoo that the lad is coming here whether he likes it or not, and that his budget is all spent.

Magoo will respond by playing him at left back where we do actually need cover, and El Abd will become the target man. Both players will be shit and get pissed off. McGhee will then go public on the whole Dick Knight insistance thing, and both players will end up at Barnsley about two months from now with Andy Ritchie delighted at capturing the target man from Brighton he always wanted, but wasn't prepared to pay more than £40,000 for :jester:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
Dont think McCammon was one of Knight clan was he?
Im not saying its not partly MM's fault but you cant say just because he signed a couple of players that contriubuted to the problems its his fault. I seemed to be mostly Knights influence which is why he is now at Swansea, and after he left the other 2 didn't grow up.

Knight didn't got to a bigger club at the time, he too a step down because nobody wanted him from a bigger club just happens that we got relegated.

Did Jarett had a dodgy past? I dont remember any of that being mentioned when we signed him.

Had an attitude at Mk Dons, which i dont mind but many would rather have shite players that are nice too people.

Knight should have been shipped out earlier for more money

and a good manager would know which players will clash etc - even more so if he has managed them before.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
:lolol:

That's good. It's Leon Knight's fault that Kuipers threw a paddy, that Jarrett was sent packing, that CKR decided he couldn't be arsed?

Nothing like a scapegoat ... although you might want to look at someone who's actually been at the club all the time.

I think Leon Knight was the common denominator with all those players.

Were all those players not part of Knight gang? Funny how MM has fallen out with no one else.

Im not saying its all down to Knight, MM could have handled it ALOT better but hey ho.

Jarett has gone because he was awful for us really, Dont know the full story with CKR but I think he has been pushed into it by has managment team. Kuipers IMO was right to throw a paddy but there was no need to go public with it (should have been dealt with better by MM)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
I think Leon Knight was the common denominator with all those players.

Were all those players not part of Knight gang? Funny how MM has fallen out with no one else.

Im not saying its all down to Knight, MM could have handled it ALOT better but hey ho.

Jarett has gone because he was awful for us really, Dont know the full story with CKR but I think he has been pushed into it by has managment team. Kuipers IMO was right to throw a paddy but there was no need to go public with it (should have been dealt with better by MM)

Why was he so poor for Brighton and yet managed to get on the books of a top flight club?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Mouldy Boots said:
Strange that under Adams, Talyor and Coppell we had a great team spirit and no pricks and now we find we have a team of them how could that have happened?

??? :p

to be fair, we had a unique team spirit created by Adams which McGhee also benefited from. This wasnt going to last forever.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:

You've just said about four posts above that McCammon wasn't, but didn't stop that happening.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:

Knight should have been shipped out earlier for more money

and a good manager would know which players will clash etc - even more so if he has managed them before.

I agree with the first point.

He had only managed McCammon before who is now a modle pro where he is now it seems, They have even got him running the sprint drills.

He should have dealt with the issues with Knight a lot sooner though.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
You've just said about four posts above that McCammon wasn't, but didn't stop that happening.

McCammon brought it on himself really, He souldn't have gone on national radio slagging off the manager.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Why was he so poor for Brighton and yet managed to get on the books of a top flight club?

God knows, When ive seen Jarret play he has been pretty dire. I would be surprised if he plays at all for Watford.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
I agree with the first point.

He had only managed McCammon before who is now a modle pro where he is now it seems, They have even got him running the sprint drills.

not sure all great honest pros have a knife pulled out on them by a fellow pro do they?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
McCammon brought it on himself really, He souldn't have gone on national radio slagging off the manager.

After a manager slagged him off to press a number of times - sometimes people can only take so much.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
not sure all great honest pros have a knife pulled out on them by a fellow pro do they?

I dont know many players who have had knives pulled on them so I couldn't comment. I dont know the circumstances at all.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:

Yep and now 4 players down lot squad spirt, trouble bring players in and im sure thats due to players talking.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
After a manager slagged him off to press a number of times - sometimes people can only take so much.

You still dont go on a radio phone in. Like I said before MM could have handled things alot better.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Yep and now 4 players down lot squad spirt, trouble bring players in and im sure thats due to players talking.

I would guess so, Its obvious players talk.

Of those 4 players I would only want one back, And thats McCammon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here