Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will be the Caicedo replacement ? if he goes

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Either Chelsea match the Liverpool deal or we have Moises back.
I expect Chelsea can’t afford the increased price for Moises along with Adams and so will match the Liverpool deal and dip out of the Adam’s deal.
Leaves us to consider Adams but maybe we have a better alternative?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I expect Chelsea can’t afford the increased price for Moises along with Adams and so will match the Liverpool deal and dip out of the Adam’s deal.
Yep, but I wouldn't want to sell Moises to a rival, so I'd prefer he went to Liverpool.

(I enjoyed writing that)

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
IF Caicedo goes (I say if as it appears he is f***ing Liverpool around currently), his replacement needs some physicality/athleticism as this is most important attribute to us amongst everything else he can do. Having this alongside passing would be ideal (what MC has) but they are hard to find! All of our other central players (Gilmour, Milner, Gross, Lalanna, Dahmoud, Alzate) are great on the ball and can receive the ball in tight areas from our centre backs but don't have the physicality or athlectism Caicedo does. To think in some games, we once played Moises, Bissouma and Mwepu!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Nonsense .... They will be paying Moises 7m a year for 7 years ..... They can afford 10 million !!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Nonsense .... They will be paying Moises 7m a year for 7 years ..... They can afford 10 million !!
Adams is £20m. Ok, so they may be able to afford him but they may be butting against FFP. £111m for Caicedo and £20m for Adams is a lot of dosh.
I’m sure Chelsea were just using the Adams purchase as a poor means of negotiating with us.
Anyway, seeing another post on here, we may have our targeted replacement from elsewhere.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
IF Caicedo goes (I say if as it appears he is f***ing Liverpool around currently), his replacement needs some physicality/athleticism as this is most important attribute to us amongst everything else he can do. Having this alongside passing would be ideal (what MC has) but they are hard to find! All of our other central players (Gilmour, Milner, Gross, Lalanna, Dahmoud, Alzate) are great on the ball and can receive the ball in tight areas from our centre backs but don't have the physicality or athlectism Caicedo does. To think in some games, we once played Moises, Bissouma and Mwepu!!
And with Trossard v Leicester 5-2 https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1640726/Live/England-Premier-League-2022-2023-Brighton-Leicester

Did Caicedo and Bissouma play together?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My assumption is that we’ll have almost got his replacement over the line with a fee agreed and we’ll pull off the deal this week. Hopefully we’ll complete the Kudus deal also.

We must be careful not to pay ‘Caicedo Tax’ in the two or three deals we have left to do.

The same goes with selling Zeqiri, no discounts because we are flush.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We won't sign a replacement. Board work under the ethos that replacements are ready and waiting most of the time. PB also talked about negotiating form a position of strength, negotiating with other clubs at the end of the window and knowing we have 110mil in the back burner is not that.

We are also stacked in the central area, Gross, Gilmour, Milner, Dahoud, Alzate, Buonanotte, Lallana. Also, don't rule out our young guns in the background which always seem to suprise, we've got Ayari and Moran this season. Lastly, we still have Moder to come back.

The only thing that makes me doubt this is that not many of them have the defensive steel we may need and RDZ always aims higher and expects more.
Literally none of these players are defensive midfielders

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The team that beat Man U 4-0 started Sanchez €23m, Cucurella €65.3m, Bissouma €29.2m, Caicedo €133.3m, Trossard €24m and Mac Allister €42m. Maupay €11.8m was a late sub. Compensation for the coaching staff from that day chips in another €25m taking the total to €353.6m. At today's exchange rate we have made about £305,100,000 selling people involved in that game.

Prices from https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bri...237/plus/?saison_id=2022&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here