[Albion] Who will be the Caicedo replacement ? if he goes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
my list is the following:

florentino luis (if we’re feeling adventurous)

federicio redondo

lucas gourna-douath

andre trindade

manuel locatelli

maxence caqueret

hicham boudaoui

martin zubimendi (very unlikely)

mats weiffer

nicolas dominguez

could be one of these, could be none, but a replacement absolutely has to come in

Last edited:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Lack quality? What a strange use of language
I think what spence means is that they don't fill the void left by alexis and moises. We have lost two world class midfielders. What we have left may help us survive but not flourish.
Need a MF general.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Look at the stats on Tyler Adams. No goals, no assists. Caicedo taller, stronger, much better header of the ball, better passing stats, more progressive passes, more action on opponents half.

Adams is a blocker, a tackler and a bundle of energy, but Caicedo has so much more. I cannot see him working alongside Gilmour because they both sit too deep and we won't have that penetration in transition. Adams and Dahoud would be like a glorified Kayal and Stephens.

I think Locatelli would be a good replacement for Caicedo and Juventus desperately need to raise funds because they missed out on Champions League and 2 weeks ago were kicked out of the Europa Conference too. They've just had to pay a mandatory 30m Euros for Locatelli following the end of a 2 year loan deal, and the same deal for Moise Kean too.

It looks like if they want to keep those two they'll have no choice but to offload Vlahovic to Chelsea or Spurs.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Look at the stats on Tyler Adams. No goals, no assists. Caicedo taller, stronger, much better header of the ball, better passing stats, more progressive passes, more action on opponents half.

Adams is a blocker, a tackler and a bundle of energy, but Caicedo has so much more. I cannot see him working alongside Gilmour because they both sit too deep and we won't have that penetration in transition.
That's the problem with caicedo he's so bloody good he's like having 2 players.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I don't like the way Chelsea appear to have gone after Adams to have a bargaining tool in this deal. I wish we had someone unrelated to go after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports