Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who went to Brighton / Notts county

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I was so drunk I thought it was only 2-1 til I woke up the next day.

Remember getting kicked out the Ark pub in Newhaven at 2am 'cos they were shutting, only to remember that I didn't live in Newhaven any more...I lived in Pompey.
Got my old mum up at half 2 in the morning and asked if my old room was still free

That is seriously pissed

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Yep, ref was a tosser, gave corner when goal kick they scored, Wendy scored and hit bar iirc

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, was there... remember travelling up to Wembley on the tube playing 'spot the Notts County fan' - we must have outnumbered them two to one.

In the end it was a big disappointment after the brilliant semi-final double win over Millwall and Wendy's free-kick against Ipswich that got us there. Mike Small and John Byrne had been the biz during the run-in, as had Clive Walker and Mark Barham, but the team just never turned up on the day. The ref also made a few dodgy decisions during the game too - one of their goals was definitely offside.

Can't remember how much Garry Nelson featured that season, but he said in 'Left Foot Forward' that he was gutted not to be included in the squad. Apparently Barry Lloyd just told him in the toilets before the game that he "wasn't involved". Clearly no love lost there, then...

We had ended the regular season with a negative goal difference (-6 I think!) so perhaps we had overstretched ourselves a bit, anyway.

Third time I'd seen us at Wembley, yet to see us win. Fourth time lucky...?!

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I was there. I think it was my first ever game, I don't remember much but I remember losing my programme.
I also went to the 2004 game but sadly I don't think I'll be able to get to go this time (if/when we get to Wembley).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I was there and managed to prang my car driving away from Wembley, spent the evening in the local hospital with my pregnant wife, who was hurt in the accident

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
Yep I was there with my Dad, Mum, brother and 2 mates. Must have been about 13 years old. We had more fans, awful kit and didn't turn up. Was absolutely gutted. Hopefully we give a better account of ourselves if we get there this time!

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Know we are not there yet, but think we have a massively better squad than then, looking back. Loved John Byrne then though! I was just a teenager then but remember loving that run in. The match wasn't great, but think we are definitely in for a better time if we manage the final this time! Exciting times! What are everyones memories of last time we were near the top flight?

Lived in Welling at the time went to all 3 games, both millwall games and the final. Remember smoking heaps during the game and watching that ginger haired t*** ruin our day. Was a lively day I seem to remember.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I was at Wembley in 91. Did the full season that year before moving to Japan a few months after that County defeat and have been here ever since. Flew back from Japan for the 2004 playoff final. I had a match worn shirt from the 91 final, and sold it on Ebay to Superphil if memory serves. I have never ever seen another and regret getting rid of it now. In fact I was wearing it at the Millenium and got a fair bit of attention with everyone wanting a photo! Happy times, people, happy times

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I was there, 14yo, a sea of 30,000 blue and white Albion fans was beautiful to see in the old wembley, shame bout the performance if only Byrne was fitter on the day.... loved the Millenium day out too.

We didn't have the run of the green on that day did we. Didn't Clive Walker hit the post too? Garry Nelson was left out and I couldn't understand that (although I might be wrong there as my memory ain't what it used to be). He was such a good player for us that season as was The Genius and Small/Byrne. Posted this before but Wendy's free kick against Ipswich is the most ecstatic I have ever been at a football match. I still get a rush just rememebring the delirious scenes at the Goldstone that day.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Got interviewed outside Wembley by some bloke from Radio Trent,I think it was,before the game

only thing I can remember saying was we're win 3-1 :facepalm:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
yes, play-offs ruined any revision for my Finals, but still passed (we didn't).

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I was there 15 yrs old, was a great experience, would love to repeat it this year at the new Wembley

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:wave:

Although I have no recollection of the game.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I remember Wendy's free kick against Ipswich, and the play off game against Millwall vividly.

But the Notts County game, just fragments. That sense it wasn't going to be our day never shifted really. Clearest memory is pushing down to the fence when the players did a desultory walk round afterwards, and chucking a scarf to a miserable looking Dean Wilkins Even though it had been an awful day, still felt they deserved our respect for the season that had preceded it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here