[Music] Who was the first band you saw live.?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not a band, but my first live music experience was seeing Carl Cox, Roni Size and the Chemical Brothers at a festival in Stamner Park in the late 90’s, think it was called Dance Day when I was 14 or 15.

I also recall seeing my history teacher totally off her nut wearing shall we say something non PC for school that day. Kept me going through the winter months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
As a young kid for some reason I wanted to see Showaddywaddy in Crawley for my birthday, as an adult my first gig was The Smiths at Brixton Academy

PeakGull

Aug 30, 2017
Derbyshire
I saw them in Bournemouth on that tour ... right down the front and during the gig shook hands with Dave Coverdale and then got my fingers caught up in his big gold bracelet ... took a few seconds to untangle which seemed like an eternity when we was trying to sing at the same time!!

There was hardly anyone at the Dome for this gig and the band all looked pretty fed up especially Coverdale.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
The Techniques....the singer, Grant, had a romance with an old pal and occasional flatmate (who strangely is in the band pic below, I don't recall her being in the band, although she was in the Smartees and the Molesters....). Also in the pic, is that a bloke called Luke who later formed that successful drum banging and dancing troupe Stomp. He had a cool older brother who ran the poly ents committee that booked so many great bands, and who had an on off relationship with a girl from up north, another acquaintance, whose name now escapes me. We are talking 79-82. Just looked up the brother. Addison. Died in 2013 aged aged only 53 :down:

Didn't see the band pic referenced above (can you send and I'll tell you who the gal is). Grant is my older brother. Luke Cresswell was the drummer and as you said, off he went to Stomp fame. I went to school with the youngest daughter Taylor. Although they all lived in Woodingdean, they went to Falmer like the rest of us oiks. Sad news on Addison......

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The Searchers somewhere in Brighton in the early ‘ 60’s.
Jet Harris and Tony Meehan were also on the same bill.
Saw The Yardbirds and Lovin’ Spoonful at the Marquee Club in the mid ‘60’s

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Third World - Top Rank. Mid 70s.

Although I recorded Remember Youre A Womble with Mike Batt and the Wombles at BBC Radio Brighton for Eurovision before Third World. I'm hoping that doesn't count!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Didn't see the band pic referenced above (can you send and I'll tell you who the gal is). Grant is my older brother. Luke Cresswell was the drummer and as you said, off he went to Stomp fame. I went to school with the youngest daughter Taylor. Although they all lived in Woodingdean, they went to Falmer like the rest of us oiks. Sad news on Addison......

The gal is called Tracey. Her dad produced Stranger on the Shore for Acker Bilk and bought the penthouse apartment overlooking hove county cricket ground. I met your brother a few times back in the day. He won't remember me. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Here is the link to the band pic

http://punkbrighton.co.uk/techniques.html

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
.....my most recent was Follakzoid in Copenhagen last Friday. Gorillaz tomorrow and just about to buy a ticket for The Soft Moon.

Ooooh, the Soft Moon :love:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The Undertones in the early 80s at the Top Rank Suite.

Saw them again a few months ago at the Roadmender in Northampton for the first time in nearly 40 years (minus Feargal) as I'd steered clear in case the experience spoiled my memories - but they were great fun - looked like they were having the time of their lives!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I was taken to see Cliff Richard at the Royal Albert Hall for my first 'gig' - and it was religious songs. I've since grown up and much prefer Muse live!

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
The gal is called Tracey. Her dad produced Stranger on the Shore for Acker Bilk and bought the penthouse apartment overlooking hove county cricket ground. I met your brother a few times back in the day. He won't remember me. :thumbsup:

I used to go up to that flat and watch the Cricket. She drove a VW Sirocco and I remember them together. It ended badly.......

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL

Great pic. I remember them winning the local Battle of the Bands in Seaford. That was perhaps the apex of their journey. My brother joined The Promise and they got a recording contract in LA. Went on the 1985/6 World Tour opening for FGTH. When HJ left, they asked my brother to be lead singer but all of the lawsuits and time elapsed meant it never happened, so he formed a band called Low with Brian Nash.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Well that's an opinion and you're probably not wrong however May and Taylor are brilliant and Lambert is a very good vocalist. They're not trying to recreate Queen as it was, it's billed as Queen and Adam Lambert. If you liked their music you would like the concert. Lambert isn't trying to replicate the vocals of Freddie.

Your choice though but I'd suggest you're missing out.

By the way, that Queen concert at the Brighton Centre remains the best I've ever seen of any group.

Fantastic show! Here's a little vid I took at the O2. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YfK-gjYxto

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports