Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Who was the first band you saw live.?

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Squeeze, Top Rank Brighton, 4th June 1982. I was 16. Don Snow on keyboards then all the usuals. Glenn Tilbrook sang just like on the records :) and Gilson Lavis seemed to be giving it some. Loved it.
Screenshot_20220625-115042.png

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Squeeze, Top Rank Brighton, 4th June 1982. I was 16. Don Snow on keyboards then all the usuals. Glenn Tilbrook sang just like on the records :) and Gilson Lavis seemed to be giving it some. Loved it.
View attachment 149136

I was there. If I recall, it was soggy fecking hot. Went outsude afterwards and literally wrung my t-shirt dry on the pavement in West St.

Right up front though, peeing in the empty pints and putting on the stage and all that.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Foo Fighters at Brixton Academy, December 2000, a certain [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] was there too.

Got a nice position near the front and someone said this will kick off, and it did, bit of a shock for a first gig :lolol:

Got back in at Lewes and no taxis were on so had to walk back to Uckfield along the A26. Happy days.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Atomic Rooster at Horsham’s Capital Theatre around 1979. It was shit.

Second gig was Motörhead at Crawley Leisure Centre. Much better!

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Ozzy Osbourne at the Dome, Oct 31st, 1981. I can't remember who the support band were, but I do recall that the unfortunate combo were pelted with stuff by some hairy, lairy biker types who were pissed off because advertised openers, Budgie, had cancelled.

As for the main attraction: even as a novice gig-goer, I remember thinking that Mr. Osbourne was a touch sloppy - no doubt he had been dutifully partying. Still, at least I can say I say I saw taken too early Randy Rhodes.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Marshall Matthers about 25 years ago. I got roped into taking my sister in law who was about 12 at the time. Was quite good though I remember protesters outside for some reason or another.

el punal

Steamhammer - St.Valentine’s ball at Chichester College of Further Education 1969. I was pissed so not too sure who or what they were about! Anyway, they released “Junior Wailing” - a great blues number. Martin Quittenton then co-wrote some of Rod Stewart’s songs including Maggie May.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Simple Minds... Glasgow SECC, August 1989!

What a wonderful start to my live gig experiences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here