Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who wants to join in and LAUGH at the people who left early and missed our goal .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The fact that the Football Special 19.21 train didn't arrive at Preston Park until 19.40 didn't help, plus the turnstile queues...

:(

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Wookiee said:
Just because they sat in their seats 35 minutes after the kick off does not mean they had just turned up.
How do you know they were not on the running track?
I did not sit in my seat until about 8pm, however I was in the ground at 7.30.
I was standing on the running track watching the game eating my chips and chatting to mates.

This is in the North Stand, there was nobody standing on the running track.

And I don't understand people blaming the weather, we've had wet evenings at Withdean before but people are in their seats on time.

I know that people have to come from work but the bloke next to me and I both come down from London and we could make it in time. When the match kicked off, there were 18 empty seats around me (yes, I'm a sad git and counted), if the Sky cameras had panned on that section it would have given a terrible impression. This was our biggest match for years and a neutral audience would have thought that we couldn't be arsed to turn up.

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
haha :tosser: thing is nothings ever simple when it comes to brighton, most teams would have kept the lead and just seen the game out, but with brighton we always seem to panic and make things harder for ourselves. last nights definately aged me, wouldnt have missed it for the world though!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I was sooooooo busting and I still managed to stay in my seat at the pub until the final whistle, which I would have done if I were at the game also - thank heavens I did as I would have missed that little piece of Virgo magic that saved our souls....

just wish they'd done it sooner - now I need to go and get all these grey hairs dyed out... :lol:

Can't believe people were leaving, thats a shame...

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dawsey said:
There is an old man who sits in front of me, who always leaves 5 minutes early without fail. His parting comment in the 115th minute was: "See you all next year, same stadium, same division." The fact he missed all the penalties and the equaliser was justice for standing in my way whilst leaving for every match in the last 5 years

:bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave:

Perfect!

Leaving such a vital game with 5 minutes to go in extra time??? Why? Why? Why the f**k do they do it?

Do I really care too much? Nope-I stayed and milked the atmosphere for as long as possible, collected my banners in the pissing down rain-happy as a dog with three dicks.

Early leavers...I wave my private parts at you:lolol: IDIOTS:lolol: MUPPETS:lolol:

What pisses me off is that the people who took part in the pitch invasion when Virgo scored are no doubt claiming to be passionate supporters who went mental when the great moment came.

BOLLOCKS! They are supporters who had lost the faith and couldn't be arsed to hang around.

:salute:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Gwylan said:
This is in the North Stand, there was nobody standing on the running track.

And I don't understand people blaming the weather, we've had wet evenings at Withdean before but people are in their seats on time.

I know that people have to come from work but the bloke next to me and I both come down from London and we could make it in time. When the match kicked off, there were 18 empty seats around me (yes, I'm a sad git and counted), if the Sky cameras had panned on that section it would have given a terrible impression. This was our biggest match for years and a neutral audience would have thought that we couldn't be arsed to turn up.

Think that is utter shite! I work in london, I left as early as possible, I got a train to TW which was delayed, drove down in the pissing rain as quickly and safely as possible, parked a mile away from the ground, queued up for twenty five mins to get in! I ended up five mins late! of course conditions will define how long it takes you to get somewhere! sorry to get annoyed about this but I find that kind of statement hard to stomach!:(

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I live and work in London and only just made it down in time, tube problems in London didn't help. But the people who leave early week in week out should be banned. With a herd of wildebeast streaming down the aisles for the last five - ten minutes every game, you can't see shit when you're sat on the end. Even standing, you have to bloody tiptoe. Get rid of them, now! :angry:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rusthall Seagull said:
Think that is utter shite! I work in london, I left as early as possible, I got a train to TW which was delayed, drove down in the pissing rain as quickly and safely as possible, parked a mile away from the ground, queued up for twenty five mins to get in! I ended up five mins late! of course conditions will define how long it takes you to get somewhere! sorry to get annoyed about this but I find that kind of statement hard to stomach!:(

I didn't say that weather had nothing to do with it. I appreciate that some people had difficulties and there are special circumstances but not everyone works in London and live in TW. (and you were just 5 mins late, not 35 minutes). From what I heard, some of the people who were late live in Brighton so they have little excuse.

I also don't understand why people are so het up by people leaving early blocking their view and not so much by people arriving late blocking their view. Why is one acceptable and one not?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I was almost late arriving yesterday. From what I could see the main reason there were delays coming down the A23 was that people were slowing down to gawp at the spot where that accident happened the other day. Traffic flow was fine after that point. I reached my seat as the players came onto the pitch.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Dawsey said:
There is an old man who sits in front of me, who always leaves 5 minutes early without fail. His parting comment in the 115th minute was: "See you all next year, same stadium, same division." The fact he missed all the penalties and the equaliser was justice for standing in my way whilst leaving for every match in the last 5 years

:bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave:

Do you sit in 'Q' block by any chance, Dawsey? There's an old guy sits just behind me, he leaves with a few minutes to go no matter what's going on.
He once got up and left as we were about to take a penalty! Last night he missed the equaliser and everything that went on afterwards.

Now I don't have any idea what it's like to be old and try to get out of a football ground with loads of other people, but surely you could wait until it had emptied, rather than leave early? Anybody who stayed 'til the end last night will never, ever forget it, I'd have been absolutely gutted to leave thinking we were done for, and then miss that. Like loads of others on here, living in London means you're bloody late home after extra time and penalties, but I wouldn't have missed that no matter how late it went on.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
:lolol: = regular flag waving support-you-ever-more diehards who stay til the fat lady has actually started to sing NOT just cleared her throat in anticipation only to find she's got to leave the stage in search of a lozenger and inbetween young Virgo pops up with the sort of drama eastender's script writers would die for!

:eek: :blush: :angry: = those who selfishly and regularly block East London Seagull and I's view week in week out - we both live outside sussex and don't leave early so what's your excuse living in Sussex? No sympathy and you've got what you deserved. And please don't take a seat half way up behind the goal at Cardiff because that's where I intend to sit and frankly I want a week off from constantly seeing the withdean herd start it's migration 10 minutes before the end.

Roll on Elland Road! Well done boys, we're proud of you :clap2:

PS Anyone want to name someone who missed out?! Perhaps it'll shame them into not blocking my view next season!!! Wasn't in Bobby Charlton or George Best who warned all these types when they missed Man Utd's last minute European Cup drama because they'd given up before the final whistle? People never learn!!

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Who would ever actually admit to leaving early last night ?
The difference between people who get in late is that they have probably done their best to get in on time and have been held up somewhere.Also not very many.Leaving early is no excuse and they stream out in numbers.As lord B said were those fans who ran on just standing/waiting for the final whistle so they could stream out without clapping the players for a great season ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On Southeast Today at 6.30 there was footage of several fans leaving Withdean shaking their heads at the cameras and saying we'd had it.

A bald headed bloke who wears lots of earrings was being interviewed when the roar went up that Virgo had scored. It suddenly registered with him that we had scored a goal and he shouted 'Let's get back in'

Cue 20 or so fans running back into Withdean and he was interviewed again after the penalties :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Those who go away regularly will recognise who I mean.

He was turning round and conducting us at Wrexham

:lolol: :lolol:

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
We got to our seats at about 7.20, but there were still loads empty at kick off which was worrying but they soon filled up. As for people leaving early i just don't understand it, it's not a major problem getting out of Withdean and it's not a long wait for the bus. Games like that arn't everyday so whats sooo important? One bloke near me left shaking his head them came back to his seat after Virgo scored, saying 'i'll just stay a little longer then'!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here