Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who wants to join in and LAUGH at the people who left early and missed our goal .

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Turning up late on a weekday evening is understandable, some people are bound to have trouble getting back from work etc and the weather can't have helped.

I just can't believe that anyone would leave a game of such importance early, pathetic. With the price of tickets at Withdean, I want to see every possible minute of footie!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

i was about to leave as i had thought the ref had blown...

....and you know the rest (i stayed,we won etc)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I really couldn't believe it last night. The number of people that strolled in late for one and then the number of people that went early.
It's extra time in a play off semi final FFS theres only one goal in it, stay in the stand and support the team.

Lush

Mods' Pet
And also spare a chuckle for all of todays papers who couldn't wait any longer last night and rushed out their sports pages.

Consequently today's Indy headline says... "Parkin's late goal gives Swindon boost"

:lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Re: arriving late: I left work in loads of time to drive down from London. Ended up queuing for 30 mins on the near-stationary A23 in torrential rain, traffic shite; then queued over 20 minutes for a bus from park and ride – the shittest service in 4 years of P&R frankly; then queued 10 minutes to get in the turnstiles when it's normally pretty much walk up and enter - result: expected to be there for 7, instead missed first 5 minutes. Don't have a go at people, it was out of our hands.

If it hadn't been on Sky I reckon they would have delayed the K/O, there were hundreds and hundreds of people queuing for the south stand turnstiles as the game began - it was a solid jam of bodies all the way back to the road by the bridge.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I spoke to one of the stewards who said there were people waiting on the park and ride who didnt even know Brighton had won! Tossers. Absolutly no sympathy for them.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Play-off second leg.

One goal needed.

5 minutes left of extra time.

Let's leave.

Wankers :tosser:

Let's laugh at them :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

I work in Leadenhall St EC3 and I was at the ground 15 mins before kick off I also went home to change first (thank gawd)
as for people who were leaving before the end. I hope they missed the most amazing ever Withdean momment ever never to be forgotten for those who did'nt feel the need to get home early for Eastenders on BBC 3

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Morning Kevin. Cheers again for the ticket! What a night!

I hate people who leave early, cant do the players any good seeing them pour out. Tossers. Find out who they are and stop them getting tickets for the final.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I was getting some evil looks as I was shouting DISGRACE at them at the top of my voice!

Can we ban these people?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I must admit when sky came on and the ground was half empty with five minutes to go I thought something must have gone wrong somewhere. Its OK bhafc99 its not the late arrivers that we are laughing at, its those people who left early.

ziggy

Sep 19, 2003
Hastings
These wankers get in the way of the last 5 minutes or so every home game. I'm so glad that they missed the most dramatic day in 7 years!!!! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
P.s. I hope whatever it was that they had to get away so quickly for was cancelled!!!!
WANKERS!!!
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Gwylan said:
Only a few around me left early, but I was staggered at the number of people who turned up late. One group of four rolled up 25 minutes after the kick-off and then disappeared at half-time only to re-appear 15 minutes into the game.

And then there were the couple who turned up 35 minutes late.

What the hell is that all about?

Just because they sat in their seats 35 minutes after the kick off does not mean they had just turned up.
How do you know they were not on the running track?
I did not sit in my seat until about 8pm, however I was in the ground at 7.30.
I was standing on the running track watching the game eating my chips and chatting to mates.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Kev said:
It beggars belief that people should leave such an important match when there's only one goal in it, but loads of people round me had gone when Virgs scored.

Wonder if anyone actually made it all the way home thinking we'd lost? Surely most people still anywhere near the stadium would have heard the cheers - but I bet there was at least one....

I know someone who did, he thought the cheering was Swindon fans!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I didn't sit in my seat all game! I was like terracing was back! There were people standing everywhere, in the ailses on seats on the track! cRaZy!!!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Lammy said:
I was getting some evil looks as I was shouting DISGRACE at them at the top of my voice!

Can we ban these people?

So was I......

Someone pointed out to me that people have trains to catch etc...but ffs, anyone who missed Virgo's goal and the pens must be absolutely gutted.

Sorry, but I have no sympathy, I see the same people sneaking out early every time we play at home. So, to anyone that missed the finest finale that I can remember in 30 years of watching The Albion.......try staying til the end in future:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here