Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who should replace Potter ?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
One things for certain if I was TB I'd be having GP in my ****in office to explain his idiotic team selection and ****in telling him to get Bissouma, Alzate Welbeck and Maupay on the bloody pitch in lieu of Gross, Propper, AliJ and Bernado for the next game.

He might have to quarantine for 2 weeks in an Aussie hotel first

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Potter in but you make a good case.

For me Eddie would be another Potter. So if we changed now I can’t see it making enough difference given the personnel we have.

Well could you explain why a manger with experience like Eddie Howe did with the cherries would be like another potter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fabrizio Indipopolescu from F.C Stricklethump would be ideal in my opinion.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Hughton pleased me for four of his four and a half years. I never wanted Poyet to leave. And Oscar Garcia is probably a better coach than both of them. What Poyet and Oscar both realised is that our player budget would never match their playing styles. What Hughton realised is that a particular way and type of player is needed to get promoted from the Championship.

I don't see either the balls or pragmatism in those in Potter.

I liked Oscar and think he did a good job but I've heard it mentioned that the club thought him to be a bit of a slacker. Apparently he wasn't opposed to lots of days off and didn't exactly enjoy a full workload. Matt Upson picked up quite a bit of the slack by all accounts. A sort of player manager at times is what I've heard.

SuperPete

May 13, 2019
Brighton
Rafa Benitez? Harry Redknap?
I know both are either too expensive or just unlikely but would be great to have a big name. Someone with a lot of experience in the premier league.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I liked Oscar and think he did a good job but I've heard it mentioned that the club thought him to be a bit of a slacker. Apparently he wasn't opposed to lots of days off and didn't exactly enjoy a full workload. Matt Upson picked up quite a bit of the slack by all accounts. A sort of player manager at times is what I've heard.

You've reminded me of a couple of exchanges of info with people I trust who, at the time, said similar. Phone off on transfer deadline day was another allegation I remember from back then.

However, he took a very bang average squad to the playoffs with no right at all.

Maybe my answer to [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] should be Oscar / Upson as joint managers with BURNO taking over as assistant.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Not read all the replies yet but as a rookie manager I wonder if Potter could do with an "old head" to bounce off - maybe we can tempt Roy away from the lot up the road?

Chortle.

This, and other threads assume the only choice is GP or some old dinosaur. The chances are TB has a short list of replacements already, just in case, and a couple of them will be left field.

Most of the people pleading for Potter's job thought "Graham Potter" was their local plumber in March 2019. They certainly weren't on here suggesting him as a replacement. In fact, the only person who was, was the much maligned [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You've reminded me of a couple of exchanges of info with people I trust who, at the time, said similar. Phone off on transfer deadline day was another allegation I remember from back then.

However, he took a very bang average squad to the playoffs with no right at all.

Maybe my answer to [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] should be Oscar / Upson as joint managers with BURNO taking over as assistant.

The postscript to this is, of course, that if it was deadline day and my choices to fill in up front were Gary Gardner, Kemi Agustien and Toko N’Zuzi I’d not so much turn the company mobile off as luzz it in the nearest river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here