Who is to blame for this horrendous PR gaff ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The jol sacking from spurs was bungled, you'd think barber would have learnt from that so surely he wouldn't make a silly mistake twice?

Look what happened at Liverpool with Hodgson and Dalglish? Or Man City with Mancini? Chelsea with Ancellotti and, yes, Spurs with Jol. Big clubs often end things ugly too, it's surprisingly common.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
are you mad? I was in my local when this cam through, full of fans of other teams. we look very very bad right now.

Look bad to who exactly? A load of blokes in the pub? How does their opinion have any bearing on Brighton and Hove Albion? Who cares what other people think. There is no prizes in football for being liked.

Aug 23, 2011
Look what happened at Liverpool with Hodgson and Dalglish? Or Man City with Mancini? Chelsea with Ancellotti and, yes, Spurs with Jol. Big clubs often end things ugly too, it's surprisingly common.

Yes that's true, it was the jol one that stuck in my mind but now you mention the others I remember. Does that mean we're a big club now then :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Whatever way you dress it up, it is absolutely shocking. I am appalled at BHAFC. There is no way this needed to be announced tonight, it could have been confirmed on the website at 9am tomorrow. It just put Poyet in an uncomfortable situation for no reason and, ultimately, ended with him receiving all the public sympathy and support. I can't believe how naïve the Albion have been.

And perhaps if poyet had kept his gob shut post palace he wouldn't have embarrassed his employers. Ho hum. A bit of crap tonight but he may have just made a tit of himself.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes that's true, it was the jol one that stuck in my mind but now you mention the others I remember. Does that mean we're a big club now then :smile:

What it means is we're big enough now for the money involved with getting rid of our manager to actually mean something to both parties.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You should probably re-watch the post-match interview at Palace - It seems to be worse in your memory than in reality.

What he actually said was not that bad, it was just the timing that was atrocious.

Depends which one you watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports