Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the worst regularly playing player in the Premier League?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You didnt watch Welbeck away to Real Madrid of all teams then Ninja when he was absolutely superb and easily United's best player? He's quality. Oh, and Danny Rose has had a very good season aswell.

I don't get that myth. Welbeck hardly touched the ball for United. He was there to do a job. Nobody questions his work rate or his ability to run around a bit. Heskey was the same. Stick him out wide, let him work hard and get away without being a goal threat. Dirk Kuijt mastered it at Liverpool. No talent? No worries, play on the wing and run around. Surround yourself with footballers and do their work for them.

Not my type of player.

As for Danny Rose, he is the deffinition of average for me. Really good goal tonight, movement touch and finish were all superb but he's such a plodder, already. He is so young, so wealthy and so seemingly apathetic. English + left footed = money.

MuppetMaestro

Apr 22, 2013
Torres isn't the worst, but with his £50mil price tag and generally depressing demeanor he deserves a mention at least. 7 goals in the league really isn't good enough.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I'd have thought Danny Fox of Southampton must be up there amongst the worst of them.

He's looked utter poo every time I've seen him.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Although he has ever so slightly improved Titus Bramble

I have to go with Bramble. Never seen him play a match without at least 2 colossal errors. Generally gives away a goal or a clear goalscoring chance. Don't agree with some of the others e.g. cannot agree that crouch scores goals through sheer luck. He scored plenty foe England too. Gervinho is a quality footballer despite his lack of heart. Welbeck looks OK to me, although probably not international class.

Well I just find it hard to believe that Alex Ferguson, the most successful league manager in English football, has given more than one hundred appearances to a player that you are claiming is the worst player in the league. Clearly you are a much better judge of a player's ability.

This. Picking players who are part of the set up at the most successful club is just plain stupid and ignorant. Does anybody seriously believe that any Reading players are better than Cleverley, Wellbeck or Young ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This.

Even when Chelski won the CL, their most ardent supporters and ex players openly said they won it in-spite of him, "the worst defender at actually defending they'd seen in a Chelsea kit.

Got even worse at QPR, and strikes me as someone solely in it for the money.

This weekend said it all. QPR get relegated, what does he do? Smiles and high-fives whilst walking down the stairs to the tunnel. The bloke is a tool.

A few people i thinking living on past issues - i've heard some say that Bramble has improved a bit and Jonny Evans has been class this year, much improved on previous years and has matured well.

My votes go to:

Andy Wilkinson
Marouane Chamakh
Jay Bothroyd (did we really want to sign him?)

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Peter Crouch. The ball just happens to bounce off him and go in sometimes, luckiest player in the world! And as for his 'wonder strike' last season, i've seen them hit by the park. Everyone gets lucky every once in a while, lost count of the amount of times he tries stuff like that and it never comes off!

What he said!

I just don't understand the whole "Peter Crouch is a footballer" thing.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Not read the whole thread but surely you can't get worse than Hooiveld and Fonte at Saints? The failure to improve their back 4 is the single reason why Adkins deserved the sack.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Marc Wilson of Stoke, who used to play for P*rtsm**th. I look at him and think I could have played in the Premier League.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I see your Cleverly (I disagree though!) and I raise you a Welbeck.

The man should be ploughing fields or something. But he's from Manchester. The gift of birth.

have to agree with welbeck, united fans seem to think he is, and i quote from a man united fan i know (who was born in devon and llived their his entire life), the 'future of england'

if he is, we are ****ed.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
For me it has to be Mike Williamson, centre half for Newcastle.

The man is pure football comedy gold. Lord only knows how he is playing in the Premier League.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Ryan Shotton at Stoke only seems to play because he's got a relatively long throw. I don't think I've ever actually seen him do anything remotely positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here