Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the worst regularly playing player in the Premier League?

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Which would begin to hold some credence if Welbeck happened to play centre forward every time. He plays up front for England everytime and his scoring record is not so terrible, altho hes not a natural goal scorer, hes a top class footballer, not sure how that's reflected in dumb stats.
Well worst strikers anyway.....
16ieh6h.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Which would begin to hold some credence if Welbeck happened to play centre forward every time. He plays up front for England everytime and his scoring record is not so terrible, altho hes not a natural goal scorer, hes a top class footballer, not sure how that's reflected in dumb stats.

Yeah, the number of goals scored is irrelevant.

In all seriousness though, if you have footballers like Van Persie, you can afford to carry the new Heskey. Can't score goals? No problem, put him out left so it "doesn't matter" and let him work hard in an irrelevant way.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Arshavin has been a flop during his lucratively paid 4.5 years. Over weight and lazy.

The £15m transfer fee, and his £95k per week wages, has cost them £37m, for very little in return.

That, right there, is what's wrong with the world. £37 MILLION POUNDS for some dopey no-mark to kick a bit of inflated leather round a pitch and (hopefully) into a goal.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That, right there, is what's wrong with the world. £37 MILLION POUNDS for some dopey no-mark to kick a bit of inflated leather round a pitch and (hopefully) into a goal.

Yes, but he did once hit 4 at Anfield!

Anyone who has played FM knows Arshavin is a fantastic player who NEVER plays close to his ability.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Yes, but he did once hit 4 at Anfield!

Anyone who has played FM knows Arshavin is a fantastic player who NEVER plays close to his ability.

£37m sounds much more palatable within the context of a computer game.

UTTERLY RIDICULOUS in real life

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
£37m sounds much more palatable within the context of a computer game.

UTTERLY RIDICULOUS in real life

If that upsets - don't ever think about Winston Bogarde. Or Adebayor. Massive wages, tiny levels of bothered.

He's dined out on that 4-4 draw, literally going by his lack of waist, for the last 4 years.

To be fair, atleast he did SOMETHING. There are so many average plodders who were better, but who'll have been forgotten. Emannuel Petit!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another vote for Titus Bramble.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That's pure insanity. Danny Rose is very good. Santos is HATED and ridiculed by the Arsenal fans who have seen him much more than us, google it. He's laughably bad, would struggle in the Championship.
Spoke to an Arsenal season ticket holder and he said that Santos was ripped apart at the Amex and is not fit for the reserves let alone the first team...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
sagna

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Torres? He's the practically a defender for the other team.

Have to disagree with this, I actually feel for the guy. Despite a serious injury he was still expected to perform to the level he did at Liverpool and the £50 million price tag did him no favours. Quickly became a figure of ridicule and remains so, unfairly considering that 19 goals this season (in all comps) would normally be considered a decent haul for any other player. The Chelsea fans need to show some respect for the fact that he hasn't buggered off and is at least trying to pay back some of that hefty fee.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I toyed with the idea of posting this earlier. 2 years ago, he was brilliant. Quick, strong and intelligent. Now he has lost a yard mentally and physically and if he wants to leave in the summer, I reckon Wenger will sell him. He knows a players' sell by date and he'll find some rich idiots to pay £5million for a dud.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You didnt watch Welbeck away to Real Madrid of all teams then Ninja when he was absolutely superb and easily United's best player? He's quality. Oh, and Danny Rose has had a very good season aswell.

Arsenal have a few contenders for this but as Arshavin and Santos dont play any more it just leaves Ramsey, Sagna and Gervinho.

I also think you can throw in most of the Qpr team except Remy. Obviously Bosingwa is a joke but I will never be able to accept Clint Hill as a professional footballer.

And Andy Wilkinson at Stoke is not a player, he's just a thug sent out to kick the opposition.

Oct 25, 2003
To be fair, atleast he did SOMETHING. There are so many average plodders who were better, but who'll have been forgotten. Emannuel Petit!

world cup, european championship, premier league and fa cup winner emmanuel petit was far better than an "average plodder" if that's what you're saying

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
world cup, european championship, premier league and fa cup winner emmanuel petit was far better than an "average plodder" if that's what you're saying

Don't get me wrong, Manu Petit was WORLD CLASS. Seriously good and the cornerstone in good teams. But will he be remembered in the same way Vieira is? Petit was a better player in my opinion. Top notch, but forgettable because he didn't really stand out. I don't mean it in an offensive way at all. I think Makelele took what Petit did and made it popular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here