Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the worst BBC pundit?

Who is the worst BBC football pundit?

• Alan Shearer - tedious Geordie

Votes: 24 12.2%
  • Mark Lawrenson - the world's funniest man (in his own head)

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Mark Bright - one-eyed Palace thicko

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • Alan Hansen - same act for the last 20 years

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Steve Claridge - rabbit in the headlights

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Leroy Rosenior - lower league as a player, lower league as a pundit

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Robbie Savage - argument in empty room

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • James Beattie - get off the fence, man!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gordon Strachan - hates the media yet glad to take their money

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Garth Crooks - it's football not a government inquiry

Votes: 47 23.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Shearer hasn't any knowledge nor insight.

in general he can be plain. but sometimes with the analysis overlay can bring something to the party, i particularly recall recently him showing the off ball runs in an arc made by striker to not pass the defender but be goal side for when the ball came in. Bright offers nothing. (on reflect Beattie should be neck and neck with him, i dont even recall him doing punditry)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Aside from those already stated can I add Martin Keown who is often dispatched to the match of the day studio to ensure nobody stays up long enough to catch the football league show

Best BBC pundit would have to be Seedorf during the international tournament coverage. One of a rare breed of studio guests who actually offer some reasonable opinion and insight

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Green - knows nothing about football - just the Premier League
Savage - just loves the sound of his own voice
Hanson - past his sell-by date - thinks everything is "sensational"

There again, I like Claridge (understands lower leagues)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
What would be funny would be to see Crooks stand in for Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday. I can imagine Merson, Nicholas, Le Tissier and Stelling ripping him to shreds.

In fairness Paul "dribbling mong" Merson, Charlie "bolshy opinionated runt" Nicholas, Phil "myopic scouser" Thompson and Matt "wallpaper" Le Tissier are as bad as the BBC lot.

GNev makes all of them look stupid.

Drimble Wedge

Apr 20, 2013
Seven Dials
Although I voted for Savage, I've just recalled a number of horrifying examples of utter ignorance from that smirking twunt Shearer. Just one for now thought...Does anyone remember during WC 2010, when Wor Alan was sent out into the slums of Johannesburg dressed up like he was hitting the West End, and with a camera crew in tow, to report on how the global language of football could apparently communicate to those living in abject squalor. Mid way through his ramble, he got a bit ahead of himself by getting all political and asking one of the locals 'how d'ya felt when that Apartheid was over...happy?'

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I also dislike Ian Mcgarry HUGELY. I only really hear him on 'Monday night club' but he is horrible.

But to me this is a clear two horse race. Bright and Crooks. I vote for GARTH because I actually say "oh ****" when he is on TV because he genuinly makes my skin CRAWL.

He makes statement in an agressive manner which he, for some ridiculous reason, thinks are PROFOUND. He will start .saying.the.words.like.this.so.we.get.the.extreme.nature.of.what.he.is.saying.

"The thing is Gabby what you need to remember is.if.they.score.one.more.goal.than.the.other.team.then.they.will.win.and.the.fans.will.be.happy" followed by a smug sitting back into his chair.

Bright is just horrible also. On co-commentary he shouts over the top of the main commentator and I just can't forget when we got The amex built he sat there smugly saying it was 'ridiculous' that we had a changing room for our mascot and just dismissed the whole thing. Oh **** OFF Mark.

:clap2:

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Entertaining thread. For me it's Crooks. My Mrs knows barely anything about football even then I'm sure she'd bring more insight & knowledge (even charisma) to final score than Garth Crooks. 4-2-1-3-1!!! :facepalm:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Even Reginald D. Hunter would do a better job than Crooks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here