Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the worst BBC pundit?

Who is the worst BBC football pundit?

• Alan Shearer - tedious Geordie

Votes: 24 12.2%
  • Mark Lawrenson - the world's funniest man (in his own head)

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Mark Bright - one-eyed Palace thicko

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • Alan Hansen - same act for the last 20 years

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Steve Claridge - rabbit in the headlights

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Leroy Rosenior - lower league as a player, lower league as a pundit

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Robbie Savage - argument in empty room

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • James Beattie - get off the fence, man!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gordon Strachan - hates the media yet glad to take their money

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Garth Crooks - it's football not a government inquiry

Votes: 47 23.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Never seen Bright as a pundit but can't believe anyone would look beyond Shearer, a man who revels in his own ignorance. He sees his lack of knowledge of foreign players as something to admired while in reality, as others have pointed out, it smacks of laziness.
But I'd even put up with his little Englander attitude if he said something worthwhile now and then but he comes out with meaningless cliche followed by dull platitude. What a cock.

Should have said that to Lineker last night.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Can someone answer this question.........is Crooks gay ???
He always seems to come across as incredibly camp.....

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
All of them are the nuts compared to Andy Townsend

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Garth Crooks is a mong of a tv presenter, how can he not be winning?!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Spoilt for choice! Crooks get my vote for being a pompous and pretentious ex player of limited ability.at least Shearer could play a bit.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
mmm Crooks and Bright way out in front... :whistle:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As bad as Bright is, Crooks should have 100% on this poll.

Anyone not voting for Crooks is clearly unbalanced.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Can't argue with a top 3 of Bright, Crooks and Shearer. NSC shows once again it's a place of impeccable taste!

The Head of BBC Sport has a lot to answer for looking at that sorry list - even ITV have got better pundits for Christ's sake.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
But you could tell that in the guys' mind the Premier League IS the world of football. He didn't even try to think of anyone outside the Prem. He said Messi and Ronaldo because he knows you have to include them, then he just thought of the best 3 players in the Prem currently.

Yeah. It's the lack of pretense or effort. "Nothing outside the Prem matters" which is why I prefer watching the goals on MotD, skipping the shoddy analysis and listening to Football Weekly and The Game podcasts on a Monday. Far more insightful.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Difficult to choose between Bright and Claridge but Bright gets it on the tie breaker due to his Palace connection.

I like Leroy as it goes, simple but effective and says good things about us.

Jimmy Grimble

It really is amazing how many dire pundits there are, for a job that millions of people would do for a shit wage. Makes you wonder if there is some kind of gap in the market that could be exploited.

The terrible punditry on show is even more unjustifiable when you consider the quality pundits there are for cricket and golf coverage.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah. It's the lack of pretense or effort. "Nothing outside the Prem matters" which is why I prefer watching the goals on MotD, skipping the shoddy analysis and listening to Football Weekly and The Game podcasts on a Monday. Far more insightful.

Would highly recommend The Football Ramble. Bunch of funny knowledgeable lads. Better than Football Weekly.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not a regular, granted, but didn't the BBC get complaints about Seedorf during the World Cup, basically mumbling his way through the 'analysis'?

I also seem to remember someone on MoTD2 being completely useless and hardly talking at all. Can't remember who it was, but its not ideal for a pundit, which is why a) I've forgotten who it was, and b) he's not been invited back.

Crooks is pretty useless, Bright needs to show some impartiality, but I don actually mind Claridge. At least he knows and recognises that there is life outside the Premier League.

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Sky - Ian Dowie, nothing to do with his Palace history, everything to do with his inability to form coherent sentences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here