Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who from the top of the betting list would you like as NEW MANAGER?

You Choice?

• Harry Redknapp 3/1F

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Roberto Di Matteo 10/3

Votes: 115 43.7%
  • Darren Ferguson 4/1

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Alan Curbishley 9/1

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Steve McClaren 12/1

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Marton O'Neill 12/1

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Tim Sherwood 14/1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ole Gunnar Solksjaer 14/1

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • Steve Coppell 16/1

• Luis Enrique 16/1

Votes: 33 12.5%
  • Uwe Rosler 16/1

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Owen Coyle 25/1

• Neil Warnock 25/1

• None of the above

Votes: 14 5.3%

• Total voters

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Martinez (but not on the list cos it ain't going to happen). Second choices: RDM or Rosler.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The same Redknapp that constantly disrespects his chairman and flirts with other clubs / jobs ?

If he was to get us to the premier league he could flirt with whoever he wants. A top manager regardless of what people think of him as a person

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
After 100 votes, the top 3 so far...

Roberto Di Matteo 44% of votes
Luis Enrique 16%
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 15%

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I've voted for di Matteo but there's question marks over most of those on the list
'Arry is a good manager and good at picking up bargain buys however a Redknapp bargain buy might still be too pricey for us ! In our favour is that he lives in Bournemouth so not too far away. However hasn't he said that he's going to stay with QPR and get them back up ?
RDM is a big mate of Poyet's - would Gus not turn his mind against us
I'd like Solskjaer but if he turned down Villa last year can you honestly see him coming to the Albion especially when he's got a decent job at Molde ?
For a bit of Spanish flair (and hopefully able to keep the foreign players at the club) Enrique would be good but I have huge doubts about whether he'd come
However I am sure that all these names on the list are just ways that the bookies want people to part with their money and there's little truth in any of the rumours - Tony Bloom will have his own list of people and I'm confident he's talking to his number one target right now
Acknowledging the fact that we won't get Pep Guardiola, Jupp Heynckes or Jose Mourinho I am still sure that Tony Bloom will get the right man

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If he was to get us to the premier league he could flirt with whoever he wants. A top manager regardless of what people think of him as a person

Top manager? He has a worse record with QPR, than Mark Hughes did in his time there this season.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Suspicious activity at Stan James as a lady called Sandra and a dog called Rosie have both opened accounts and lumped on Redknapp.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I went for OGS. Comparatively unproven but very ambitious and has brought unprecedented success to his club in his fledgling managerial career so far, albeit in a much less illustrious league.

Whoever comes in should be appointed with the task of refining the model that Poyet has put in place, rather than taking an axe to it, just as Swansea did when appointing Laudrup after Rodgers left them.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Id take either one of the top 3 in this poll - though is Di Matteo REALLY going to join us since he is one of Gus' best friends and the relationship between the club and him is now sour.

Luis Enrique for me, massively. He will be in sync with our Spaniards and will keep them happy - no massive change of play either.

Cant believe 9 people have voted for Harry "Mr Administration" Redknapp, with the exception of Spurs - any club he touches turns into shit as well as Administration - hes not even that good a manager.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
They must have worked together at Spurs?

Quite probably. That doesn't necessarily mean he would endorse him though. He will have been privy to some of the tricks of manipulation that Redknapp would've got up to behind the scenes and which ultimately led to Levy losing his patience with him.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Quite probably. That doesn't necessarily mean he would endorse him though. He will have been privy to some of the tricks of manipulation that Redknapp would've got up to behind the scenes and which ultimately led to Levy losing his patience with him.

I am not pushing for him, however if Barber was at Spurs when Poyet was sacked, he would have been part of the team that appointed Harry.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
From the list Luis Enrique without a doubt. Failing that Uwe Rosler is an interesting one

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So, up to now Darren Ferguson has NO VOTES. Is this because all those 'in the know' have been deliberately voting for others to throw us off the scent?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So, up to now Darren Ferguson has NO VOTES. Is this because all those 'in the know' have been deliberately voting for others to throw us off the scent?

No, its because any rational thinking fan knows that he will indeed take us out the league......

The wrong way.

Yes please

RDM
OGS
Rafa
Luis Enrique

Stay away from our club please
Harry
Ferguson
Coyle
Warnock

And this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Out of that lot I'd only be confident that 'Arry and RDM could get us promoted. Thereafter, RDM disappointed in his first season in the Prem at WBA and was sacked in Feb 11. Appleton steadied the ship and they finished 11th.

Chelsea finished 6th under RDM - even despised Rafa got them to third.

With 'Arry I think the conditions have to be right. A firm Chairman, some budget to work with, a core of good players to inherit, some goodwill with the fans. In terms of expectation it's got to be Play-Off final or automatic. I think all of this would have been meat and drink to 'Arry a few years ago, but does he still have the desire after the shocking last 15 months he's had?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Team Nat From To Record
G W D L Win %
Falkirk 31 January 2003 20 May 2003 19 12 3 4 63.16
St. Johnstone 15 April 2005 22 November 2007 70 36 19 15 51.43
Burnley 22 November 2007 5 January 2010 116 49 29 38 42.24
Bolton Wanderers 8 January 2010 9 October 2012 126 42 24 60 33.33
Total 331 139 75 117 41.99

We could do worse than Owen Coyle, record is pretty good with win percentage average only harmed by his relegation season with Bolton. That apart it's a pretty good track record and not that long ago, Coyle was being linked with the major jobs in the PL. Some of the other names quoted here are ridiculous Rafa? Pleasseeee...

I would be interested in one of Coyle/Rosler/Phil Neville personally. We need someone who wants to play similarly to the current style, can operate on a budget and most importantly of all would actually be interested in the job!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here