Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want to win tonight's game - Sunderland vs United

Who do you want to win Sunderland or United

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How about if he can find the funds to unsettle Ulloa?

Gus is entitled to try and buy anyone he wants, he doesn't owe the club anything any more, not after how he was treated. But I'm very confident that Ulloa is not for sale right now. If he becomes available I'm sure Gus will be high in the queue to sign him, but that will be testament to his ability to spot a player and the loyalty he endears in his team.

:)

gus is entitled to try and buy anyone he wants, he doesn't owe the club anything any more, not after how he was treated. But i'm very confident that ulloa is not for sale right now. If he becomes available i'm sure gus will be high in the queue to sign him, but that will be testament to his ability to spot a player and the loyalty he endears in his team.

not sure brighton owe gus after the way he left,i would imagine it hurts certain people within the club to see him prosper.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus is entitled to try and buy anyone he wants, he doesn't owe the club anything any more, not after how he was treated. But I'm very confident that Ulloa is not for sale right now. If he becomes available I'm sure Gus will be high in the queue to sign him, but that will be testament to his ability to spot a player and the loyalty he endears in his team.

Ah, you are in the know obviously, perhaps you'd care to PM me as to why you think he was, assumably, badly treated whilst behaving totally professionally himself ? :wink:

Your love appears to know no bounds :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Confirmation, if any were needed, that the Gus-haters are still the most vocal. Almost every post on this thread by the haters but the poll won convincingly by those wanting Sunderland to win

I think you under-estimate just how many people simply hate Manchester United.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We - probably - all agree about his disinterest. The key question was and is WHY?

This. No one actually looks at WHY Gus suddenly lost all interest in a job that he previously LOVED. Odd that so many people judge him when we know 1% of what actually happened behind the scenes from January to March.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And also, if Gus is such a HORRIBLE person why is Liam Bridcutt (top bloke) itching to join up with him again?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And also, if Gus is such a HORRIBLE person why is Liam Bridcutt (top bloke) itching to join up with him again?

The obvious answers are 'to play in the Premier League' and 'to TREBLE his salary'.

The other is that it is quite possible for a person to have more than one facet of their personality. Just because Gus is in some people's opinion untrustworthy and disloyal in his dealings with the Albion, does not mean that he does not afford totally loyalty to, and earn totally loyalty from, his favoured players.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I think you meant to say 'Not after how he treated US.' Important difference there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Confirmation, if any were needed, that the Gus-haters are still the most vocal. Almost every post on this thread by the haters but the poll won convincingly by those wanting Sunderland to win
Gus haters? Gus lickers like you can't see what he is now doing-unsettling key players at a crucial time for THIS football club. He is after Bridcut and Buckley at the moment and I fully expect him to come back for Ulloa in the summer when he has some money to spend.

You lickers need to understand that the majority do not hate Poyet-your word, not ours. Most simply do not like the man. I especially dislike him and Sunderland for trying to derail our season. Still, you carry on with your worshipping of him, maybe you should consider going all out and switch clubs because you appear to favour Poyet over the Albion at every opportunity?

As for the poll result, I suspect the result was more a case of wanting Man Utd to lose rather than wanting Sunderland to win. Hobson's choice?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The obvious answers are 'to play in the Premier League' and 'to TREBLE his salary'.

The other is that it is quite possible for a person to have more than one facet of their personality. Just because Gus is in some people's opinion untrustworthy and disloyal in his dealings with the Albion, does not mean that he does not afford totally loyalty to, and earn totally loyalty from, his favoured players.

The players have pretty much always spoken fondly of him, barring two exceptions - Vicente - who is mental, and Dobbie - the laziest player I've ever seen.

My point is that people on here talk as if he's literally the personification of PURE EVIL, rather than one of the best managers we've ever had. Just a bit depressing is all.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The players have pretty much always spoken fondly of him, barring two exceptions - Vicente - who is mental, and Dobbie - the laziest player I've ever seen.

My point is that people on here talk as if he's literally the personification of PURE EVIL, rather than one of the best managers we've ever had. Just a bit depressing is all.

Couldn't agree more.

Baffled by the criticism of him as trying to destabilise our season as well. He isn't. He is trying to sign players he knows, trusts and rates highly. It isn't as if he is the first manager to ever go back to a former club to try and sign players.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

And dobbie's comments read to me like it was a clash of personalities and he accepted as much of the blame for their poor relationship as he put on gus. I say 'blame', he seemed, again to me, to be suggesting it was just one of those things.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This. No one actually looks at WHY Gus suddenly lost all interest in a job that he previously LOVED. Odd that so many people judge him when we know 1% of what actually happened behind the scenes from January to March.

Influences outside the club, coupled with his obsession to be in the Premier League ??? Seeing Di Canio get a Premier League position he coveted being the final straw and catalyst for his behaviour ???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Vicente is not mental, just because you don't happen to agree with his 'worst man in football' assesment of Gus, there is no need to throw that slur.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here