Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to win the Premier League ?

Who do you want to win the Premier League ?

• Liverpool

Votes: 151 61.9%
  • Manchester City

Votes: 93 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I would prefer City win it over Liverpool.

No strong feelings about either side, but I've got £40 at 7/4 on City.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've wanted Liverpool all season, I just don't like Man City but it's hard to argue that they're not the best team. They were in first gear against us all game because they didn't need to do anything else. It was impressive how comfortable they were, how they all knew the tactics and their jobs within the tactics. Our players never had any time on the ball because they were hunting in packs throughout the whole game and over the whole pitch. They were a class or several above us throughout the whole game and say what you want about how much they've spent, they're brilliantly drilled and coached by Guardiola.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Plastics yeah, I get that. But you are referencing, somewhat unkindly, the people of Liverpool. Didn't see anything about plastics otherwise I'd agree.

Oh god, ANYONE but Liverpool, please.

If City win it, the nation gives a collective shrug. If Liverpool win it, they will be absolutely insufferable for an eternity. I don't see many plastic City fans down here, but much like what they say about London where "you're never more than 6ft away from a rat", wherever you are in this country, you're never more than 6ft away from a plastic dipper.

That embarrassing bunch of mugs in the "Brighton Kop" can DO one, wherever their tragic little Sky Sports meet-ups are these days. If we're safe, or already down, then I would HAPPILY get utterly bum-raped by City on the final day of the season, if it denies them the title. HAPPILY. In fact, it would make my summer.

:thumbsup:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I've wanted Liverpool all season, I just don't like Man City but it's hard to argue that they're not the best team. They were in first gear against us all game because they didn't need to do anything else. It was impressive how comfortable they were, how they all knew the tactics and their jobs within the tactics. Our players never had any time on the ball because they were hunting in packs throughout the whole game and over the whole pitch. They were a class or several above us throughout the whole game and say what you want about how much they've spent, they're brilliantly drilled and coached by Guardiola.

This... all day long.

Not 100% sure of the logic behind it, but for me, any one of Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal would be preferable to any one of Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Definitely Liverpool for me - and that was before Saturday.

Partly because it would be good to have a new winner and partly because Liverpool does seem to have more of a footballing culture. All the Liverpool fans I've met have actually come from Liverpool, while the City fans that I know come from all over the place (including one from Liverpool!). I've had some good times among the Scousers, who all genuinely seem to like football.

The ungracious behaviour of the City hordes on Saturday has strengthened my desire for a Liverpool win even more

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was quite good of Brighton to actually turn up, really, wasn't it?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was quite good of Brighton to actually turn up, really, wasn't it?

It's debatable whether or not we did. But there's no shame in losing to Man City, they're a brilliant team but not unbeatable. Had we shown a little bit more guile in the final third and been a bit braver on the ball we could definitely have made more of a game of it. I think if we'd nicked an equaliser within the last 10 minutes, we could have gone on and completed the job.

I have a lot of faith in the quality of this team but I think to anyone outside of supporting Brighton, they wouldn't have thought we believed we could win. We won in the stands, at least. :albion2:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hang on. The vote is 63/37 IN FAVOUR OF LIVERPOOL ??

Jesus fvcking CHRIST have a word. Embarrassing. This is a dark day for NSC. A dark day.

Those who voted Dipper - hang your heads, sign off, delete your NSC bookmark and never come back here again.

This is the quote I wrote about. Referencing bin dippers, nothing here about plastics. I saw that remark and was embarrassed on your behalf. I work with a plastic Liverpool fan, lovely fellow, though I can't understand the concept of pretending to be a die-hard Liverpool fan when he's never been to see them, let alone visited Liverpool. I just don't get it. Hate him though? Not really, he's just like millions of the sky football generation who think that by 'supporting' a top team that they will enhance their lives with the reflected glory. But again, why get worked up about it so much that you'd favour one global brand over another to such a degree that everyone who doesn't share your view should hang their heads in shame. At least Liverpool has a genuinely glorious history, unlike City who were a mid sized club all their history until they sold their soul to the Arabs.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
WHAT!???

Seriously?

:mad:

Yes, I know quite a few Scousers, most of them are Reds

I've met loads of Man U fans from the south and, for some reason, quite a few Newcastle fans from the south. I was mistaken though, I just remembered that I do now a Liverpool supporter who comes from Surrey but he doesn't live in the UK any more. He's the only one though, a drop in the ocean compared to the number of plastic Utd and Citeh fans.

Is it that surprising? If you don't support your local team then you're going support a team that wins trophies and Liverpool haven't done that for 30 years.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Yes, I know quite a few Scousers, most of them are Reds

I've met loads of Man U fans from the south and, for some reason, quite a few Newcastle fans from the south. I was mistaken though, I just remembered that I do now a Liverpool supporter who comes from Surrey but he doesn't live in the UK any more. He's the only one though, a drop in the ocean compared to the number of plastic Utd and Citeh fans.

Is it that surprising? If you don't support your local team then you're going support a team that wins trophies and Liverpool haven't done that for 30 years.

Very surprising, tbh.

I'm a similar age to you, I believe, and off the top of my head, I personally know at least a dozen LFC 'fans', and have encountered many, many others down the years.

I think your experience is the outlier.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is the quote I wrote about. Referencing bin dippers, nothing here about plastics. I saw that remark and was embarrassed on your behalf. I work with a plastic Liverpool fan, lovely fellow, though I can't understand the concept of pretending to be a die-hard Liverpool fan when he's never been to see them, let alone visited Liverpool. I just don't get it. Hate him though? Not really, he's just like millions of the sky football generation who think that by 'supporting' a top team that they will enhance their lives with the reflected glory. But again, why get worked up about it so much that you'd favour one global brand over another to such a degree that everyone who doesn't share your view should hang their heads in shame. At least Liverpool has a genuinely glorious history, unlike City who were a mid sized club all their history until they sold their soul to the Arabs.

Personally I've never encountered a plastic City fan, although I'm sure a few do exist. They're not on my radar though, so I'm not bothered about them. I'm sure your work colleague is a lovely chap though, as you say, but I really have no time for plastics, whatever team / bandwagon they've decided to latch themselves onto. And he's clearly not a "die-hard" (even if he professes to be, because "my dad always supported them", blah blah whatever). Unfortunately Liverpool are a club that seems to have attracted an inordinate number of hangers-on in Sussex, and on the occasions when I find myself amongst them, their very presence irritates me. In their JJB replica shirts, pretending to actually give a shit as they bellow at the TV, parading their faux glory and taking the piss out of "little teams" like Brighton. I found that 'Brighton Kop' thing on YouTube truly nauseating and embarrassing. So yes, if they stuff up this title race, I will be genuinely delighted. Not because I have any affection whatsoever for City, but because I will really enjoy seeing the plastics crumple. Isn't disliking certain teams and section of their "fans" all part of the fun and pantomime of following football ?

I also despise Portsmouth and Palace - hope thats ok. I wouldn't want you to be embarrassed any further on my behalf.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Personally I've never encountered a plastic City fan, although I'm sure a few do exist. They're not on my radar though, so I'm not bothered about them. I'm sure your work colleague is a lovely chap though, as you say, but I really have no time for plastics, whatever team / bandwagon they've decided to latch themselves onto. And he's clearly not a "die-hard" (even if he professes to be, because "my dad always supported them", blah blah whatever). Unfortunately Liverpool are a club that seems to have attracted an inordinate number of hangers-on in Sussex, and on the occasions when I find myself amongst them, their very presence irritates me. In their JJB replica shirts, pretending to actually give a shit as they bellow at the TV, parading their faux glory and taking the piss out of "little teams" like Brighton. I found that 'Brighton Kop' thing on YouTube truly nauseating and embarrassing. So yes, if they stuff up this title race, I will be genuinely delighted. Not because I have any affection whatsoever for City, but because I will really enjoy seeing the plastics crumple. Isn't disliking certain teams and section of their "fans" all part of the fun and pantomime of following football ?

I also despise Portsmouth and Palace - hope thats ok. I don't want you to be embarrassed any further on my behalf.

I agree with most of that, perhaps we can just continue being embarrassed about one another for convenience?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Very surprising, tbh.

I'm a similar age to you, I believe, and off the top of my head, I personally know at least a dozen LFC 'fans', and have encountered many, many others down the years.

I think your experience is the outlier.

I don't think I'm the outlier but a different generation. When I was at school and people picked the teams they followed, Liverpool weren't the biggest team and, when I got to uni, if people didn't support their local team, they followed Man U (sometimes Leeds or Chelsea). Liverpool started becoming the dominant team when I was my 20s and football fans generally don't change their allegiance that late in life.

I bet if you spoke to most people in their 60s and 70s who live outside Merseyside, they wouldn't know many people who supported Liverpool either.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
City.Then the Scousers can have a meltdown,and sue the Mancs owners for stress compensayshun (as they say it).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here