Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you want to win the Championship playoffs?

Who do you want to win the Championship playoffs?

• Luton

Votes: 198 42.1%
  • Coventry

Votes: 221 47.0%
  • Middlesbrough

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 40 8.5%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Gone for Coventry for a very selfish reason. I live in Warwick so it is close plus One of my best mates used to play for them some years ago and he is always asking if I fancy going as a guest of his. I might actually say yes if it is against us.

It is ages since I last saw us at Coventry. I seem to recall we had a wonderkid called Jake Forster-Caskey playing and a striker on loan from Leeds who couldn’t hit a barn door. Might be wrong.

Like you, I'm local and Coventry would be just up the road. Weirdly, a number of their fans have turned into Billy big bollocks because they managed to finish in the top 5 in the worst championship in living memory. Another year in there with the loss of Gyokores would add a little reality to proceedings. Funny how you can go off teams quite quickly.

I'm all for seeing Luton's shitty ground gracing the Premier League.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Luton, Coventry or Sunderland.

Anyone but Middlesbrough.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Another vote for anyone but Boro here, though I actually voted for Coventry.

How long ago was it that they got relegated from the top division? It feels like decades.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Like you, I'm local and Coventry would be just up the road. Weirdly, a number of their fans have turned into Billy big bollocks because they managed to finish in the top 5 in the worst championship in living memory. Another year in there with the loss of Gyokores would add a little reality to proceedings. Funny how you can go off teams quite quickly.

I'm all for seeing Luton's shitty ground gracing the Premier League.
To be fair to them, they deserve a bit of joy and boasting. I can't lie, I'm feeling a little smug being an Albion fan at the moment, which is why it's good that I was humbled on Sunday to bring me back down to earth a little.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Sunderland... shared my life with a fan for many years - he was allowed to wear his hat to the Fans United game. He has to endure all the shite years of the Albion and did so with good grace.
If not them, then Cov.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sunderland.

Not played them in the league for decades. New ground away trip (though done Roker back in the day) and two matches where the horse punchers could easily be beaten in a game against a team below them.

Luton would be funny but a worse chance of away tickets than Muff so it’s a no on that basis.

Cov would have been my vote but I still don’t trust them to be ground sharing with Kidderminster so on that basis they’re out.

Boro though. Boro can f*** off.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone of them apart from Bro

Having said that I have respect for Tony Mowbray …so perhaps for that reason I’m changing my mind and going for Sunderland

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Sunderland.
Convenient. Probably able to get tickets.
No desire to go back to Coventry, and the only reason I can remember where Luton is is because I happened to be talking to somebody from there last week.

Eaglesplat

Local legend
Mar 16, 2023
Stozza, Southeazi
Sunderland.

Not played them in the league for decades. New ground away trip (though done Roker back in the day) and two matches where the horse punchers could easily be beaten in a game against a team below them.

Luton would be funny but a worse chance of away tickets than Muff so it’s a no on that basis.

Cov would have been my vote but I still don’t trust them to be ground sharing with Kidderminster so on that basis they’re out.

Boro though. Boro can f*** off.
I went to the Ricoh once for a conference, would be good to see a game there. The hospitality bars were ace! Sad the Wasps are no more though..

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Anyone but Sunderland. Cannot stand them.
Anything specific or just general dislike?
Actually, I was fairly ambivalent about Boro, but I've now remembered the twat I was chatting to in a pub in Darlo the other day who was giving me the "small club" chat about Brighton, so they can piss right off.
Also I ticked the Riverside off at the FA Cup game this season.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have a video of us knocking Sunderland out the cup about 10 years ago ? Was the only time the entire west stand joined in with "were the North stand , we're the west stand brighton boys"
Anyway I choose Luton

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Voted Coventry, because one of my neighbours supports them, and they have got an elephant on their badge…..I like elephants :smile:

I don’t like Boro or Luton.
No issue with Sunderland

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Luton, a meteoric rise like that is normally only ever achieved on football manger.

Being the pessimist I am surely they will also take one of next year's relegation places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here