Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you want to win the Championship playoffs?

Who do you want to win the Championship playoffs?

• Luton

Votes: 198 42.1%
  • Coventry

Votes: 221 47.0%
  • Middlesbrough

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 40 8.5%

• Total voters

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
wouldn't mind either Luton or Coventry, both just up the road for me, but probably Luton as my plasterer is a hatters fan, and he's a nice chap.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I went with Coventry because their fans have been through a really crap time the last ten(or more?) years. I wouldn't mind Luton, their fall to non league and then rise is a great story. Would they be the first team to play non league and premier league?

Middlesbrough and Sunderland have both been in the prem fairly recently so I'm not too fussed about them.
Weren’t Luton arbitrarily relegated out of the league by a 30 point deduction as well ? There’s been nothing like it before or since despite shenanigans at many clubs. Maybe I should have voted for them as a ‘f*** you’ to the football authorities?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Can’t stand Boro , we don’t want Sunderland in the Premier, don’t mind Luton being the smallest club in the play offs ,
they would go straight back down

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Weren’t Luton arbitrarily relegated out of the league by a 30 point deduction as well ? There’s been nothing like it before or since despite shenanigans at many clubs. Maybe I should have voted for them as a ‘f*** you’ to the football authorities?
Yep, the club was docked 30 points at the start of the season; 10 by The Football Association for irregular matters involving player transfers, and 20 by the Football League for breaking rules on exiting administration.

They were absolutely shafted. Not saying they didn't deserve punishment but it was extreme, and nothing that extreme has happened since.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I seem to remember they got a 30 point deduction two seasons on the trot?, but I may be wrong.

Definitely the season they played us in the Paint Pot Trophy area final they had the deduction. Adam Al Abd slipped on the ball I think and they snuck in to score from it. They won, had a pitch invasion, and many of us stayed to applaud them as the poor buggers deserved a day out at Wembley, only they then got all chavvy with us and started throwing coins and giving the slit throat signs... Very Millwall wannabes :rolleyes: :lol:

Mind you, we had been singing 'Eastbourne on a Tuesday night' all game 😁. Although that could have been the season before or after. I can't quite remember.

I voted Coventry because of all the shit their fans have had to suffer. But I wouldn't begrudge Luton either, as they deserve it on merit I think.

On a selfish note. Sunderland or Middlesbrough would do me as they're two grounds I've not been to, and it might go to Purchase history :thumbsup:.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Coventry, find uni memories and they deserve it

Nicks

Sunderland, as my late Dad was a Mackem who got evacuated down south back in the day
Plus it was my first football shirt back in the mid 60's. ( I've no idea how he got it to this day !!)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Anyone but Boro.
The other 3 have been at the top and down to the bottom. (Some more than others) But Sunderland have been a massive club and still kept a fantastic support base in the bad days.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Coventry. My dad's from Coventry. We used to visit my nan there at least once per year growing up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here