[Albion] Who are the winners of the Caicedo deal?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the winners of the Caicedo deal?

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No question.
Caicedo may be world class but Fergie is gonna be a superstar. HE IS 18 YEARS OLD. I have rarely seen a forward with this much about him at this age. Imagine him in five years, at Haaland's age now. He is strong, holds the ball up well. Has excellent positional sense. Calm in front of goal. Good header of the ball. Already scoring goals against top PL defenders.
I expect him to get 14-15 PL goals this season. Within two years, the PL will talk about two strikers....Haaland and Ferguson. The big boys will be falling over themselves to get him and get him early. I doubt he will reach 21 years old with us. He may. He is different from the immature and easily led Caicedo. He has already rejected Liverpool to improve his career prospects at Brighton and get more playing time.
RDZ is still keeping him a little under wraps but saturdays cameo was different gravy. The whole frontline immediately looked different. He scored and was desperately unlucky not to get a second. Exciting times.
Back to Caicedo......£115M for a 21 year old who has played one full season in the PL answers the question. Its win/win for us. We know we won't be 6th this season. We will have enough without him and Mac to be around 9th and no lower than 11th. Bring in another good midfielder before the window shuts and we will be ok.
Agreed, although he’s not being kept ‘under wraps’ he’s simply having his physical load managed given his age and development. Overall the striker options we have now actually dovetail really well imo - Welbeck also seems to need a degree of careful management so having the pair of them works. I suspect JP will play way more minutes than both of them this season.

PBOBE has played an absolute blinder here, Boehly has been utterly rinsed for every last cent (again).

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Q. The sell on clause , is that anything above 115? I think it is, but checking.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Enciso AND Ferguson reading that

I'd be amazed. But then I have been amazed by all this. Caicedo I can see with my own eyes is what some call a generational talent. Ferguson and Enciso look v good but not out there head and shoulders and I don't see them sellig for as much still. I'll bung a tenner to charity if we ever beat this fee.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
20% of the upfront fee, wasn’t it? So 20m.
I'd think it's 20% of anything over what we bought him for. And surely the whole lot, otherwise we'd have sold him for £10m with a £90m extra payment if he plays a single game (plus the other bonuses).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Chelsea have spent £821 million in The last 3 windows , how can this fall into FFP

Long contracts - and I learnt earlier the 5 year cap only applies to UEFA competitions so Chelsea not being in Europe this year helps them

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Chelsea have spent £821 million in The last 3 windows , how can this fall into FFP
Expect a lot of people queueing up to tell you that the £821m is easily covered by lengthening the contracts and selling Rueben Loftus-Cheek

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What do we actually get right now? I’m assuming we don’t get 115m in our bank account today though!
Think that is what has caused the issue for the last few days. Liverpool's offer was upfront and reports state that it was a one off payment as well. Hopefully Chelsea will also have to pay the 100m that way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be amazed. But then I have been amazed by all this. Caicedo I can see with my own eyes is what some call a generational talent. Ferguson and Enciso look v good but not out there head and shoulders and I don't see them sellig for as much still. I'll bung a tenner to charity if we ever beat this fee.
Yet all I've seen from Ferguson suggests to me in 12/24 months time he'll sell for considerably more than only £115,000,000.

Julio could go either way - his glorious peacocking and desire to 'do a Man City' might get in the way of a huge windfall.
But even in the incredibly unlikely event he Alpha's the captain and senior pros there's no way the boss will put up with any primadonna shite.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yet all I've seen from Ferguson suggests to me in 12/24 months time he'll sell for considerably more than only £115,000,000.

Julio could go either way - his glorious peacocking and desire to 'do a Man City' might get in the way of a huge windfall.
But even in the incredibly unlikely event he Alpha's the captain and senior pros there's no way the boss will put up with any primadonna shite.
only £115m :D :D :D

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Most parties actually win in this deal - my view on reflection.

Liverpool possibly come out neutral.

The one big loser.... Losestanley. Is he still in a job ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Independiente del Valle obviously. They'll make about £26million from this transfer. Think about the good that such a large sum of money will hopefully do to the local community there in Ecuador.
It also means that Brighton scouts will be welcome everywhere in South America with their hidden teenage gems playing their hearts out.
Brighton also has experience of handling multi ownership of players (Callieri failed but ultimately helped us understand) whereas Man Utd backed off.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If Chelsea become title challengers and we fade to mid table, nobody will be saying we got the better out of this in a years time.

We make money to exist, not exist to make money.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
When you consider the original cost of the Amex was around the same figure it's a testament to our recruitment policy and Mr Blooms undoubted business acumen that the club can be rightly proud how this one has turned out,yes Chelsea are possibly the worst transfer negotiator's in the history of transfer negotiations but it's still quite amazing to think a Brighton and Hove Albion player will be the new record transfer for any player in this country.

So basically Brighton and Hove Albion absolutely rinsed Chelsea again.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Has to be Brighton. Nothing can make Chelsea win that deal. They would have to do the league and CL double twice, if not three times, just to justify what they've spent on him, let alone the other players they've paid for. And they aren't even in Europe this season.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Goodbye Moises, whilst the whole transfer saga was pretty grim, I enjoyed watching him in the stripes so much. I can't bring myself to wish him ill luck. One of the best players I've ever seen for us. AND £115 million.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports