Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who are the winners of the Caicedo deal?

Who are the winners of the Caicedo deal?

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This time we don’t have a replacement at the club ready to step in we have to buy someone so the production does stumble from time to time.

Worked out ok for Cucurella then buying Pervis !

Jul 2, 2011
Im here for the football and wanting to be a contender for trophies. The 115 million dont go in my account... be nice if part went towards decent service on the concours, cold drinks, better more reasonably priced food and swift transport improvements to and from the stadium.

Chelsea move forward… BHA backwards.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Im here for the football and wanting to be a contender for trophies. The 115 million dont go in my account... be nice if part went towards decent service on the concours, cold drinks, better more reasonably priced food and swift transport improvements to and from the stadium.

Every been to another big ground?

Brighton Europe Chelsea Nothing

Wow

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

New member eh? Cold drinks?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yeah a few.

A bit grumpy at the moment and a little disappointed.
I am proud the clubs made Europe… just hope the wheels don’t fall off.
One of the wealthiest clubs in the world, positive bank account, one of the best squads in the EPL, in Europe, billionaire fan as an owner, one of the best young managers in Europe, fantastic stadium, one of the best mascots in the world and me.

What's the problem?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If we were a bank, Brighton. If we were a football team, Chelsea.

But the deal is not in isolation, as other players will get opportunities to become as good at Caidedo is.

They'll fail though, the best player in our history.

Our record with Caicedo in the team must be amazing. His arrival in the side coincided with our fantastic run under Potter and continued throughout RDZ's reign. We've been nothing but brilliant with him in the side. He'll win trophies with Chelsea I've no doubt.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Yeah a few.

A bit grumpy at the moment and a little disappointed.
I am proud the clubs made Europe… just hope the wheels don’t fall off.
On the grump side of things, I'm glad we don't as a rule do loans in. We've helped improve Colwill in his development no end, and I'm happy for him, but still, it will rankle when Chelsea (inevitably) improve drastically with him at the heart of their defence.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Did you watch the Liverpool match? Colwill was poor, very poor.
I did, and yes he had a bit of a shocker. There's a bit of me thinking no one who's recently left has set the world alight, but his new manager is bound to get the best out of him, surely, isn't he?
Last season made me think of Rebrov and Shevchenko in the late 90s. They were absolutely lethal together, but when Europe came a-knocking, you knew they'd be split up. Shevchenko carried on being great, Rebrov went to Spurs so enough said. Cucurella is a case in point. Sure he's on higher wages, but in footballing terms? And will Colwill be a Rebrov? Will Moises be a Shevchenko? I know he's had injuries, but does anyone talk about Bissouma in hushed tones anymore?
I don't know what my point is, maybe it's that being great with us is a sign that they should stay and continue being great? I don't know 🍷

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think his old team in Ecuador have done pretty well out of it, £30m odd will go a long way in Sangilquí so long as it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands there.

.... I know he's had injuries, but does anyone talk about Bissouma in hushed tones any
Apparently Biss is somewhere near back to his old self. Had great preseason and was their MOM at the weekend

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not voting as IMO both are winners and losers to some extent.

If this had been August NEXT year and we'd sold him to Chelsea for £115m after we'd got an extra season out of him (and maybe, dare to dream, won something?) then yes, Brighton, definitely. As it is I can't help feeling a bit wistful about what might have been.

And yes I know it's our model, and yes ThunderBolt's point about our scouts being even more welcome is true, and yes he wanted to go so this is the best deal we could get. I accept all that. But still, we are weaker, and as someone else said we can't go along and watch a pile of money. I'm sure it'll be re-invested wisely, but I'm not sure how long we can go on pulling rabbits out of hats.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Somewhere buried amongst the usual dross of social media I saw a post on Chelsea's forum that actually summed up how I feel about the move.
It was at the 80 million bid stage so not over the line at all and Liverpool had appeared on the scene.

" Caciedo is a freak,his stats on paper are good but not exactly I'm a 100 million player buy me, it's only when you see him play and the way he wins back possession and distributes the ball can you appreciate just how good this guy is,to my mind I've not seen any player with his ability and if Brighton wanted 200 million and I had the money I'd pay it,he will knit this squad together and the investment will seem like a snip in a couple of seasons,just pay the 100 million FFS,if Brighton manage to improve on Caciedo then I'll take up golf because there isn't a better player on the planet at what he does" .

So I voted Chelsea because I feel pretty much the same, although golf can do one.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Bloke was wanting to leaving since his January love letter to Arsenal. Feel we did well to keep him this long but at the end of the day if the player really wants out it's limited how long you can keep him, Shirley. We're winners all the way, in a pragmatic, realistic world.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
to put it in perspective. When we joined the PL 7 years ago OUR WHOLE TEAM COST LESS THAN 115m
The entire squad that ended the season at Aston Villa cost us less than £115m. In fact Pervis & Webster make up more than 40% of the fee. Our recruitment has been superb finding serious quality across the world

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here