Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who are the winners of the Caicedo deal?

Who are the winners of the Caicedo deal?

• Total voters

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Winners:
Brighton. Bought for £4.5m 2½ years ago.

Independiente del Valle who get almost £30m from the sell on clause.

Kids at IdV who will get a new training facility built from the Caicedo funds and named after Caicedo

Caicedo who will earn £62,000,000 over the next 8 years.

Brighton again when he's sold, we make another chunk from our sell on clause.

Losers:
Chelsea. If they'd offered £100m a couple of weeks ago I'm sure we'd have taken it. Gutted for Boehner for wasting £15m and giving it to us. Not. 😂

Man Utd who pulled out of the MC purchase in Jan 2021. Gutted for them. Not.😂

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Independiente del Valle obviously. They'll make about £26million from this transfer. It makes me quite happy to think about the good that such a large sum of money will hopefully do to the local community there in Ecuador.
Local community - or local head honcho? This is South America we're talking about after all.

We will still get the add ons.
Only half of the add-ons 'easily achievable' (BBC). Other reports suggest the rest might be 'difficult'. OK, still £107/108M - but not that rosie. Liverpool still likely to have been a better deal (for us, and from a footballing career perspective, for Caicedo - although he and his agent may not have trousered as much loot).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Chelsea and EQUADOR are outstanding winners, but by how much?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Chelsea and EQUADOR are outstanding winners, but by how much?
You said on the Utd forum that Equador get 31 million of the fee?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of the most ridiculous polls ever seen on here. Who on earth would vote Chelsea? We won't ever sell a player for anywhere near this much again.
Enciso AND Ferguson reading that

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
Voted Chelsea. £115M is a lot, but we lost a world class player (too early). It feels like we've weakened the team.

I'm also a bit worried that we added a sell on '%' . Does it mean that the club thinks a new (saudi) super league is about to form? (With Chelsea in it?)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
They stuck at £80m. We could have accepted that (as suggested by some here) to avoid having a disgruntled player, but we managed to get an extra £35m! Indeed if Chelsea had offered £100m a couple of weeks ago, they'd probably have got him, but they managed to wait until Liverpool got involved.

So without question, Brighton are the winners in the deal.

That's not to say Caicedo isn't a great player and can't go on to great things with Chelsea, but every player has their price and we've basically got more than what anyone considered the maximum price to be.
We’ll never know the real details, but I wonder if Chelsea had stopped dicking about and offered around £90m early in the summer, a deal would have been struck somewhere in the £90-100m range. So I feel their pointless game-playing cost them (and gained us) somewhere in the region of an additional £20m.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Voted Chelsea. £115M is a lot, but we lost a world class player (too early). It feels like we've weakened the team.

I'm also a bit worried that we added a sell on '%' . Does it mean that the club thinks a new (saudi) super league is about to form? (With Chelsea in it?)
No.
That they realise that one of the galactico's of world football will pay between £150m and £200m for him in about 3 years time. Sod the 8 year + 1 contract ( still sticking two fingers up to the system until the rules change ) He won't be there that long.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
To my mind, he is a simple lad, looks a bit like Richarleson (lost), not a big character, trusts in god, could have a meltdown now he is on mega money, totty-brochured, and massively obligated to service his extended family and liggers, now he is the third largest industry in Ecuador.

If he keeps his nose clean, James Maddison will have a better career.
Clearly allowed himself to be very poorly advised thus far ( Ask PB ) Will be agent driven for the foreseeable future and Spain or Saudi bound inside three years.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think Ferguson will beat it.
No question.
Caicedo may be world class but Fergie is gonna be a superstar. HE IS 18 YEARS OLD. I have rarely seen a forward with this much about him at this age. Imagine him in five years, at Haaland's age now. He is strong, holds the ball up well. Has excellent positional sense. Calm in front of goal. Good header of the ball. Already scoring goals against top PL defenders.
I expect him to get 14-15 PL goals this season. Within two years, the PL will talk about two strikers....Haaland and Ferguson. The big boys will be falling over themselves to get him and get him early. I doubt he will reach 21 years old with us. He may. He is different from the immature and easily led Caicedo. He has already rejected Liverpool to improve his career prospects at Brighton and get more playing time.
RDZ is still keeping him a little under wraps but saturdays cameo was different gravy. The whole frontline immediately looked different. He scored and was desperately unlucky not to get a second. Exciting times.
Back to Caicedo......£115M for a 21 year old who has played one full season in the PL answers the question. Its win/win for us. We know we won't be 6th this season. We will have enough without him and Mac to be around 9th and no lower than 11th. Bring in another good midfielder before the window shuts and we will be ok.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
No question.
Caicedo may be world class but Fergie is gonna be a superstar. HE IS 18 YEARS OLD. I have rarely seen a forward with this much about him at this age. Imagine him in five years, at Haaland's age now. He is strong, holds the ball up well. Has excellent positional sense. Calm in front of goal. Good header of the ball. Already scoring goals against top PL defenders.
I expect him to get 14-15 PL goals this season. Within two years, the PL will talk about two strikers....Haaland and Ferguson. The big boys will be falling over themselves to get him and get him early. I doubt he will reach 21 years old with us. He may. He is different from the immature and easily led Caicedo. He has already rejected Liverpool to improve his career prospects at Brighton and get more playing time.
RDZ is still keeping him a little under wraps but saturdays cameo was different gravy. The whole frontline immediately looked different. He scored and was desperately unlucky not to get a second. Exciting times.
Back to Caicedo......£115M for a 21 year old who has played one full season in the PL answers the question. Its win/win for us. We know we won't be 6th this season. We will have enough without him and Mac to be around 9th and no lower than 11th. Bring in another good midfielder before the window shuts and we will be ok.

The thinking - don't really unleash him until the transfer window shuts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here