Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Whitworth

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Did fine, just beaten by a single-shot. I'm sure when he gets older he'll rifle through his photo albums and magazine articles looking back on his debut.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nice to see Jason Steele give him plenty of encouragement and support at the end of the game. Goalkeeper’s union type stuff. Good on him.
Whitworth needs Steele to see if he can cut it on the pitch and get his angles right.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
He did pretty good but convinced if Guata or whatever his name is had been in goal Sollys shot would have been saved. Haha.
I thought so at first but on seeing it on the highlights Solly's finish was very similar to his second against Liverpool a few weeks ago and that one beat Allison who is a very decent shot-stopper

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I thought so at first but on seeing it on the highlights Solly's finish was very similar to his second against Liverpool a few weeks ago and that one beat Allison who is a very decent shot-stopper
Exactly. It was right in the corner so I wouldn’t expect any keeper to save that.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
You’re saying the kid keeper gave the wanker sign to the north?!
It certainly looked like it
it was not the extended arm version
More a tucked hidden style
probably in reaction to something said as he was smiling at the time when the gesture was made

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
It certainly looked like it
it was not the extended arm version
More a tucked hidden style
probably in reaction to something said as he was smiling at the time when the gesture was made
Lol I think I was right about this kids questionable character. Maybe he can be the new villan when Zaha is counting his money Saudi Arabia.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought he did well, made a few good saves for them, fair play.

is he the kid that was in the Palace academy documentary ?
if so I rooted for him, he was short compared to others in the academy and had a stutter, his dad was a Palace fan and died from cancer, when he was young.
if so, all bullshite aside it’s a lovely story.

The Palace documentary was filmed last season and the lad you’re thinking of was an under 16 so can’t have been him.

Ah your right, it was a young lad called Billy, they look so similar and both Palace fans.

The lad in the documentary was Billy Eastwood, who is a 1st-year scholar this season (U-17 level). As it happens, he made his debut for the Palace U-18s last Saturday.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I like Steele going over to him at the final whistle straight away to give him a pat on the back, thought he did well although we didn’t give him that much to do.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
A little surprising the waistcoat wanker didn't call him up England yesterday. He's probably been watching him since he was 9 and he's down there most weeks watching Guehi (and any other Palace player he could conceivably select).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here