Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Whitworth

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Looked way too short for a goalkeeper, but showed no nerves and will no doubt have been pleased with his performance.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As well as Whitworth, was there also a "Whitworth fine"
Or am I confusing with BSF - British Standard Fine ....
BSF was based on it. Whitworth was the first country standard thread in the world. Useless fact all aircraft are built using Imperial.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What is this thread about. Should have saved Sollys effort. Good save from Ali Mac. Didn’t have a lot to do. Thread of a nonce clearly.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Apart from graciously letting Solly’s shot in I think he was superb.

Why the hell we didn’t test him more I have no idea. Long shots, corners etc… it was like we didn’t know he was a short kid.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Annoyingly he did very well and played with a lot of confidence.

From a family of Palace fans as well, according to his post match interview. Could be fun to have a new face of the rivalry now Zaha is past it (and probably off to Saudi in the summer)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I thought he did well, made a few good saves for them, fair play.

is he the kid that was in the Palace academy documentary ?
if so I rooted for him, he was short compared to others in the academy and had a stutter, his dad was a Palace fan and died from cancer, when he was young.
if so, all bullshite aside it’s a lovely story.

The Palace documentary was filmed last season and the lad you’re thinking of was an under 16 so can’t have been him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What is this thread about. Should have saved Sollys effort. Good save from Ali Mac. Didn’t have a lot to do. Thread of a nonce clearly.
Nevermind

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Great thread.

Attachments

• 7C0EEC58-0B45-4BF8-ACFC-C0C7C52BB16B.png
    7C0EEC58-0B45-4BF8-ACFC-C0C7C52BB16B.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 21

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I know there's some other weird thing that I don't get going on here, but I thought he played very well for a teenager making his debut. Looked assured in possession and made a couple of good stops. Probably their MoM tbh.
Thought I’d engineer a thread about Joseph Whitworth, that’s the nuts and bolts of it really.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Made some good saves against us, but it astounded me that our pressing on him was rare. Every time he went long we got the ball back. Maybe we were tired?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here