[Football] Whitworth

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Some Glaziers fan on Twitter this morning chuntering about how the mean North Standers went "you're shit, aaaahhhhh" to the poor boy and how disrespectful and tinpot it was and how their fans would never have done the same if the situation was reversed 🤡

One really good save, one decent one with his foot but I'm pretty sure he'll be disappointed with the goal. I'm not giving him sympathy however: he's a lifelong Palace fan so I'm sure he'll have nothing polite to say about us in return.

It goes to show how poor Palace are that they're all getting excited about his amazing skills with the ball at his feet. Makes you realise just how poor Guaita and chums must be if that kid's bog standard passes out from the back are causing them to flutter their fans in shock and awe.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whitworth is 6"3
Steel is 6"2
No chance whatsoever he's 6'3". Read online last night that he's 5'11" and that looked about right. He was dwarfed by most of the defenders.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Whitworth is 6"3
Reebok-Boot-Insta.jpg

:shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BSF was based on it. Whitworth was the first country standard thread in the world. Useless fact all aircraft are built using Imperial.
According to my better half, (yes, he's an engineer) it is still used for fixing a camera to a tripod.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I probably wouldn't be so charitable if we'd lost but I thought the kid was very cool and collected and did well. Probably not the match he would have selected for his PL debut but he seemed up for it.

Palace need to be developing and holding on to their young talent if they are to keep their PL status and I'm sure they'll regard his performance as the bright spot of the night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice to see Jason Steele give him plenty of encouragement and support at the end of the game. Goalkeeper’s union type stuff. Good on him.
Steele comes across as a genuinely nice guy, as do the rest of the squad.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Whitworth is 6"3
Steel is 6"2
Google comes up with 6 foot even.

And I'm pretty sure Steele is taller than 6 inches too...

Actually, digging through a few links, it seems there is a discrepancy, as far as I can tell FIFA (the game) has him down as 6 foot, but some other source have him down as 6'3". So I'm inclined to think he might be 6'3".

Either way, he looks like he's about 12 years old.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here