Whitney Houston-Dead!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Such a shame, in her early days was very very good. Same as Amy Winehouse really. Why when they get rich do they get more insecure and need drugs and alcohol to feel normal.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Ahhh, NSC in full sympathetic mode this morning!
I saw WH at Wembley Arena in 1988 and have to say she had the most amazing voice. Old hat now, but a mega star in the 1980's for sure.
Don't get the Mark Ronson / Amy W ref tho.
From what I've seen, Mark helped further Amys' career and Bobby Brown helped ruin Whitneys. Just my opinion like..... :)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Very sad to hear of Whitney Houston's death. :down:

Capital were playing most of her records this morning and I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a few tears for those powerful, emotional records. It's such a shame. I know that drug addiction is such a helpless illness at times and she couldn't beat those demons.

RIP Whitney. You're free from all your troubles now but you gave so much to the music world.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Surprised, for a minute, but i can't claim to be saddened. I did all i could to stay away from her music and her sorry demise won't have me pleading for a Best Of...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Ahhh, NSC in full sympathetic mode this morning!
I saw WH at Wembley Arena in 1988 and have to say she had the most amazing voice. Old hat now, but a mega star in the 1980's for sure.
Don't get the Mark Ronson / Amy W ref tho.
From what I've seen, Mark helped further Amys' career and Bobby Brown helped ruin Whitneys. Just my opinion like..... :)

The Amy W reference is simply another woman singer who also had a phenomenal voice who coudn't deal with the fame...drugged / drank themselves to death....

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Very sad to hear of Whitney Houston's death. :down:

Capital were playing most of her records this morning and I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a few tears for those powerful, emotional records. It's such a shame. I know that drug addiction is such a helpless illness at times and she couldn't beat those demons.

RIP Whitney. You're free from all your troubles now but you gave so much to the music world.

That's nice - I feel sad today - especially when I listen to 'Thats what friends are for' - where she sang with Dionne Warwick and Stevie Wonder.

I grew up listening to her songs and playing them at different moments in your life brings back lots of memories - mostly good ones - some sad ones too. I guess she's at peace now though and not troubled anymore x

Last edited by a moderator:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i lived in a flat in coogee in sydney where one of the neighbours must have gone through break-up or something and played "i will always love you " over and over again for hours on end at a considerable volume
that is,unfortunately,my enduring memory of the lady. probably put me off her i suppose.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Just heard about Whitney and its tragic, first Pat and the Ricky going off, I don't know how Bianca is going to get over this.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
i lived in a flat in coogee in sydney where one of the neighbours must have gone through break-up or something and played "i will always love you " over and over again for hours on end at a considerable volume
that is,unfortunately,my enduring memory of the lady. probably put me off her i suppose.

I must admit I will always love you is not my favourite track - done too many times - the other stuff is cool though x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports