Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"White Lives Matter Burnley" banner flown over the Etihad

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
As I've said many times ,this board is NOT representing the views of other parts of the country :hilton: co habitating in a cosy forum is not good for your long term outlook on life
Regards
DF

Log off then.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, if my concern for why a story of the violent murder of 2 black lads in Manchester was seemingly downplayed in contrast to the violent murder of 3 white lads in Reading makes me a racist then I must have missed a meeting. Perhaps you can send me the minutes?

If there is one truth in recent days we can both agree with we need to understand the challenge there is in black communities, and why (say) the rates of violent murder are higher than white counterparts.

I am keen to learn, but the (possibly) racist media won’t teach us...........I know all about why there was a violent murder of 3 white lads by an asylum seeker. I am A* on that subject following the last 2 days.

Tell me about the shooting of the 2 black lads up in Manchester.........not much to ask is it, even for a half wit.

It's about poverty , not skin colour. We don't see many black architects/lawyers/doctors killing each other.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
You seem to agree that police reform is required and that was my point. I'm not debating what Trump has done is effective or not. I actually don't even think choke holds are that dangerous if applied properly. One of the problems is lack of training and 'lower quality' of people joining the police force (which would get worse with less funding), this is what makes choke holds deadly.

It is a dangerous game to just leave it up to 'the southern states [that] are going to carry on as normal'. That is what's happening. My point is it will be worse if funding is reduced and reform needs to be done by central government, not leave it up to local governments or allow the police to police themselves, as we know that simply doesn't work in a lot of States.

And obviously the US also needs to elect a President that gives a damn (UK isn't all that different but in the US some areas are like a war zone).

Oh we are definitely on the same page they REALLY need a police reform. I mean we have done one fairly recently and we were miles better than them. I am just not sure how they can get it done through the diplomatic channels because every time it just gets deflected and nothing changes decade after decade. Open to suggestions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He’s been sacked from his job. Seems just. There are usually consequences to this kind of racism.

His girlfriend has been sacked from hers too. Bosses check social media shock.
He also admitted taking cocaine on his timeline.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Got it, so those areas that are the poorest, have the highest incidences of violent murder?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49812519

The media must have been covering up a lot of the murders in places like Blackpool, Middlesbrough and Hull?

Who knew?

Interesting question. The link that you posted listed Jaywick and Blackpool as the most deprived areas in the UK so I wondered what the actual murder rates were.

The rate in Manchester in 2018 - the most recent year that I could find a statistic for was 2.44 deaths per 100,000 people. Well above the UK average of about 1 per 100,000 but not really in the same league as somewhere like Baltimore with over 50.

The most recent year that I could find data for Jaywick was 2019 when there was 1 murder. However, the population of is only 4665 and so a rate of 21.43/100,000 - almost 9 times greater than Manchester's. This is clearly statistically suspect as the sample is so small but you did ask.

I couldn't find stats for Blackpool's murder rate but I did find this which shows that the Blackpool postcode has, by one measure at least, the seventh highest violent crime rate in Britain with South-end-on-Sea (of which Jaywick is a part) one ahead in sixth. And where is Manchester on this chart? - second to bottom with a sixth of the violent crime of Blackpool and Southend on this measure.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Manchester murders possibly down to heavy duty , entrenched drug gang turf wars , Moss Side , Withenshaw , Cheetham Hill , Dewsbury ....you lot haven't got a ****ing clue have you..??

Southend on sea is over run by Romanian and Albanian drug gangs , as is Margate , this is from people who live there ....it's coming to a town near you , courtesy of your piss weak , knee taking police force .....night night....xx

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Screenshot_20200625-121016.png

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Oh we are definitely on the same page they REALLY need a police reform. I mean we have done one fairly recently and we were miles better than them. I am just not sure how they can get it done through the diplomatic channels because every time it just gets deflected and nothing changes decade after decade. Open to suggestions.

I think it comes down to electing a decent President (which is no easy feat!).

I would have expected Obama to have tackled the issue, but he proved to be bit of a fraud.

Bernie Sanders I think might have been the leader to push for reform (as well other progressive candidates like Tulsi Gabbard and Andrew Yang), considering Bernie fought against segregation and has a history of standing up to inequality), but it comes down to the majoirty of Americans (and more importantly the mainstream media) turning their backs on progressive candidates. Hence why they have Trump vs Biden, which pretty much sums up the state of the US at the moment.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Got it, so those areas that are the poorest, have the highest incidences of violent murder?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49812519

The media must have been covering up a lot of the murders in places like Blackpool, Middlesbrough and Hull?

Who knew?
Sorry to go on about this but I am just reading Ben Goldacre's book I Think You’ll Find It’s a Bit More Complicated Than That so I am currently interested in the mis-use of statistics and statements made with inadequate research (or in your case no research at all). If you had Googled: Middlesbrough Murder you would have seen this on Teeside Live reporting that the police were investigating 6 murders that had occured in less than two months. If this is expanded to a full year, that gives an annual murder rate of 10/100,000 or almost 5 times the rate of murders in Manchester.

Of course it is not correct to assume that the murder rate in Middlesborough would continue at almost Jaywickian rates for the entire year but the annual rate is certainly not significantly lower than that in Manchester which is what you seemed to be suggesting.

It would certainly seem that there is, in fact a very strong correlation between poverty and violent crime including murder.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Sorry to go on about this but I am just reading Ben Goldacre's book I Think You’ll Find It’s a Bit More Complicated Than That so I am currently interested in the mis-use of statistics and statements made with inadequate research (or in your case no research at all). If you had Googled: Middlesbrough Murder you would have seen this on Teeside Live reporting that the police were investigating 6 murders that had occured in less than two months. If this is expanded to a full year, that gives an annual murder rate of 10/100,000 or almost 5 times the rate of murders in Manchester.

Of course it is not correct to assume that the murder rate in Middlesborough would continue at almost Jaywickian rates for the entire year but the annual rate is certainly not significantly lower than that in Manchester which is what you seemed to be suggesting.

It would certainly seem that there is, in fact a very strong correlation between poverty and violent crime including murder.

No need for apologies, this is excellent research and analysis, I am captivated with the evidence.

If I am getting it right, the top 3 places in the Gov stats for the most deprived areas in the U.K. all have predominantly white populations (I have not researched that, so I will take an uninformed punt there as I reckon they were big leave constituencies, which is dangerous stereotyping but it’s allowed with the gammons) and correspondingly higher murder rates than more multicultural urban centres like Manchester.

I did not know that........wow.

This is disgraceful too isn’t it, someone should get a national campaign together to highlight the injustice Of poverty.......no peace till it’s sorted.

This movement needs a catchy name and 3 initials always rolls easily off the tongue..........something, something, something.

I said previously.........”who knew”.........well you certainly did. What a brain.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
No need for apologies, this is excellent research and analysis, I am captivated with the evidence.

If I am getting it right, the top 3 places in the Gov stats for the most deprived areas in the U.K. all have predominantly white populations (I have not researched that, so I will take an uninformed punt there as I reckon they were big leave constituencies, which is dangerous stereotyping but it’s allowed with the gammons) and correspondingly higher murder rates than more multicultural urban centres like Manchester.

No.

As I said, the samples are too small and not long term enough to be statistically relevant. You were suggesting that Manchester had a high murder rate because of murders by black people of other black people. When it was suggested to you that poverty rather than race was the main driver of murder, you questioned why people in places like Middlesbrough and Blackpool (as you say, deprived but predominantly white areas) weren't killing each other at a similar rate. I merely pointed out that it did not take long to show that the murder rates in these palces were not necessarily significantly below those in Manchester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here