Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which was the first mobile phone you owned?

franks brother

nokia-7110.jpg after watch the matrix:moo:

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
I had an NEC carphone with a transportable pack. This was in 1988 when I joined a company to sell car / mobile phones. When I told all my mates and old work colleagues I was going to sell mobile phones almost every person I spoke with said they could not see them taking off.....how wrong could they be!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I had an NEC carphone with a transportable pack. This was in 1988 when I joined a company to sell car / mobile phones. When I told all my mates and old work colleagues I was going to sell mobile phones almost every person I spoke with said they could not see them taking off.....how wrong could they be!

Trust me. The future is all about car phones!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Nokia 2140.

Same here - About £150 on Orange from Curry's back in 1994/5/6 - Still got at least one (working) in store - my wife laughed at my suggestion that 'it could be worth a bit of money' - especially when i searched ebay and found they went for less than a tenner.. :wrong:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Massive original big block Motorola

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Motorola Micro TAC

Jan 1995
IMG0001.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
02+-+Philips+Savvy+dB.jpg

Philips Savvy. Circa 2000. It was the time where all of my friends and I were all around 10 years old, we had no need for a phone at all but everyone had to have one

This was mine too, in fact I had the same Orange one as the picture. I was 16 at the time and just HAD to have a mobile phone, even though it was apparently the model that released most radiation!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Mine was one of these

Ericsson_GA628_with_Chatboard.JPG

And yes I had the chatboard add on. Almost unuseable due to the size of the buttons

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
nokia 6230i , never owned another mobile , it still rings and i can still ring people , amazing stuff .

6230i.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here