Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which was the first mobile phone you owned?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Mine was the bt cellnet one. Dropped it down the khazi in a mates flat in London Bridge while pointing percy at the porcelain. Never worked again.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
That's very much like my second phone, with full keyboard and mp3 player - 'looks weird, sounds great'.

Nokia_5510.jpg

Seems like only yesterday when Nokia ruled the roost!

Mine could play these games aswell, it was like a GameBoy, it had cartridges

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
One of these in about 1996. I used to share it with the mrs. We hardly ever used it cos we were frightened of getting a big bill
Philips%20Fizz.JPG

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
One of these

tin-can-1.jpg

and one of these for conference calls

can-and-string-phones.jpg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

nokia_5100.jpg

Changeable XpressOn phone cover and rubbery keys. Had to press the 7 key four times to type the letter 'S'. At least the battery lasted about five days.
Serious question. Is there now a quicker way of typing the letter "S" than pressing the 7 key four times...? I can't see how I could type "S" on my phone without doing exactly that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Serious question. Is there now a quicker way of typing the letter "S" than pressing the 7 key four times...? I can't see how I could type "S" on my phone without doing exactly that.

I think later phones that still used a number keypad, built-in 'predictive text' software solved the problem.

So to type SAUSAGE, you would type 7287243, and the phone would be smart enough to figure out that you wanted the word SAUSAGE.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I had one of these crazy retro-tastic pieces:
SV206723.JPG

I was young then & could afford to show off! :ohmy: Think it might have been mid-90's?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
a BT Cellnet one , around 1998 I think - never really used it to be honest. used my pager more for football scores etc..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here