Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which was the first mobile phone you owned?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
7299293.jpg,

Very similar to this back in about 94 on Vodaphone
I still have my very first Orange phone in the draw !!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A Motorola in 1998 that was like a brick. Doing text messages was far more difficult as it didn't have predictive text in them days.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
7299293.jpg

Very similar to this back in about 94 on Vodaphone
I still have my very first Orange phone in the draw !!

But do you still have this one?

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
It looked rather like this, weighed a ton and cost a fortune.

8166275538540474.JPG

Bought for work. Thankfully, they paid for it - so I didn't, strictly speaking, own it. The battery pack lasted for about six hours. And the available network coverage was very limited (most of Sussex was out of range).

yep i had one of them in 1986/7ish - like lugging a small car battery around all day !

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
02+-+Philips+Savvy+dB.jpg

Philips Savvy. Circa 2000. It was the time where all of my friends and I were all around 10 years old, we had no need for a phone at all but everyone had to have one

That was actually my second ever phone after my younger sister smashed my beloved Motorola. Although I had it on Cellnet, before it became BT Cellnet and then the O2 of today that's owned by Spaniards

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Nokia NGAGE hahaha

That's very much like my second phone, with full keyboard and mp3 player - 'looks weird, sounds great'.

Nokia_5510.jpg

Seems like only yesterday when Nokia ruled the roost!

Madam Cholet

Feb 29, 2012
Sony.jpg

One of these teeny-tiny things in about 1992. (pretty sure the mic was on the other side though - which was better for me being a left hander)

Well you did ask!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Mine was the bt cellnet one. Dropped it down the khazi in a mates flat in London Bridge while pointing percy at the porcelain. Never worked again.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Old Nokia's seem to hold their value a lot better than other handsets from the same era like Motorolas and Ericssons. I recently dug out a whole load of Nokia handsets from my past and decided to eBay them. Some of them went for far more than I'd expected. So much so that I rounded up all the old handsets from my parents and girlfriend's houses and listed them one by one. Even the really old ones that are in a knackered condition can be bundled together as a job lot and flogged for upwards of £20 a time.

I genuinely wonder what people do with them

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
My first one I can't remember the model but it was literally a brick. My second one however was the Nokia 3310

PRODPIC-423.jpg

Snake was such a fun game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here