Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which three teams will be relegated this season

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Your colleague. Tactically, Sheffield United are one of the best teams in the division. To describe Wilder as old school is lazy.

TBF, the comment about ‘old school’ was in relation to Wilder’s man management - and I think he was fairly widely described as being a bit of a dinosaur for publicly slating his young goalkeeper recently - not something that most modern PL-level managers do. But interesting to hear about their tactical strengths - and fair play if correct and they carry on as they have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Norwich
Southampton
Watford.

No mention of Brighton anywhere?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Had a debate on Sheff Utd @ work today. My view: they probably have enough points in the bag to stay up this year, Wilder is a good motivator, but ultimately a latter day Mickey Adams / Dave Bassett type, with an old school man management style that will stick out like a sore thumb in the Prem - and they will eventually tail off and do a Huddersfield - perhaps next season after their momentum from the championship wears off.

My colleague, on the other hand, reckons Wilder is a great tactician who will keep them up long term.
Sounds like a good debate.

Any thoughts on who is closest to the mark?
Not educated ones :lol: I did watch Utd in the Championship last year, but I just relax and enjoy the football without thinking too much about the tactical prowess of each manager. It's difficult to form a decent opinion of a manager without having a good understanding of the players they have in their squad, and what their options are.

Of course there's no guarantee they'll even stay up this season, for all I know their squad is weak and a couple of key injuries could be a nightmare for them. They've certainly played a lot better than I was expecting them to though, I don't think they've been riding their luck or anything. Norwich, on the other hand, have played exactly how I expected them to.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Norwich
Southampton
Watford.

No mention of Brighton anywhere?
Well you don't seem to think we're going down.

I think we all expected it to take some time for Potter to get the team playing the way he wants, but both he and the players have surprised us with how quickly and effectively the team has changed styles. We've got a tough run of games coming up, and we know over half the clubs in the division are generally at risk, obviously including us, but we're not currently looking like one of the favourites for the drop.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Are people saying Palace because it’s Palace , or do they really think that ?

Palace have played 4 of the top 6 and have played Spurs, West Ham, Man U, Everton from the bottom half and are level
On points with Brighton... I think it’s there best start to the premier league and they haven’t played any side that was in the bottom half last season yet.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Palace have played 4 of the top 6 and have played Spurs, West Ham, Man U, Everton from the bottom half and are level
On points with Brighton... I think it’s there best start to the premier league and they haven’t played any side that was in the bottom half last season yet.

At the start of the season I had palace for the drop not just for the obvious hopeful reasons but thought the Zaha situation and your striking options might be your undoing. Sadly once again your lot have somehow managed to defy all logic and climb the table. I don’t expect palace to get relegated but I think we will both find ourselves operating at the mid table point come the end of the season when things have generally evened themselves out

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Southampton and Norwich.

The 3rd pick is harder, but Newcastle seem possible, if not Villa.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

I would love it if they have a complete reverse of their season 2 years ago when they went without a win, then managed to turn it around. This year maybe they have got all of their points in early and will not win another game!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What are the odds?

Quite mean I think.

45C937C1-B957-4FA8-8F50-0D44720AB807.png

Highly unlikely. So much football to play, Stains might bring in a quality manager, Stains and Watford could bring in better players in the New Year, one or more clubs often plummet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here