Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Premiership team do you think will 'surprise' people and be relegated?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Each season there is usually one team that drops out of the top flight that few people would have predicted.

Which team do you think it will be this year?

For me it will be Blackburn. With Hughes and Friedel gone, Santa Cruz possibly going, and Robinson coming in, I think they will struggle to stay up.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not a chance it'll be West Ham - they'll be about 12th. I honestly cant look past West Brom, Stoke and Hull. Blackburn wont be far away mind.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Newcastle could be contenders, haven't really signed anyone yet and I'm not convinced by Keegan and the owner seems to want to sell up.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Almost certainly, Blackburn will finish higher than West Ham.

Dont think so. Ince has been chucked in at the deep end a bit too early. Lost one of the main reasons they have been any good for a while. Would be surprised if Santa Cruz doesn't go to Man City and Bentley could still be off.

West Ham have a good enough side (and manager) to finish mid table.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fulham have been Dead Men Walking for far too long now. They won't escape this time around.

And, yeah, time for Newcastle to do The Walk Of Shame. They've got away with serial sloppy signings for a long time now. They really need a dose of relegation to re-focus their thinking.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope it's Middlesborough.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
fulham have been doing a southampton and walking a knife edge of late but i think Blackburn will struggle badly. could see them falling out of the prem

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fulham have been Dead Men Walking for far too long now. They won't escape this time around.

And, yeah, time for Newcastle to do The Walk Of Shame. They've got away with serial sloppy signings for a long time now. They really need a dose of relegation to re-focus their thinking.

With respect, the thread is which team wil be the "Surprise" relegation. I agree, Fulham and Newcastle are long overdue, they can't just keep rolling a double six at the end of each season forever.

I think 'Boro will struggle and if they fell it would not be a surprise.

But, as a surprise, I think it has the be West Ham.. they have the tendancy to go on a very very bad run.. if its a long one they are sunk :shootself

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
relegation is a far more open contest, can see half making a good case. i think the "surprise" poor performance will be Tottenham who had a poor team saved by two strikers who are going. by the time any replacements bed in, assuming they do, it will be Xmas and they'll be struggling in bottom 6 or so.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Bolton to finally depart...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here