Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Premiership team do you think will 'surprise' people and be relegated?

This is exactly the reason I think they will concede a lot of goals. After being dropped didn't he return and let in something like 12 goals in the next 3 or 4 games?

Yes, Spurs weren't known to let in goals were they?

Even when they won matches, they'd ship goals like it was Christmas.

I can see Liverpool dropping badly this season, though not relegation material.

The easy choices are Bolton, Fulham, and Blackburn to do poorly.
Stoke and Hull have to be down there somewhere, too.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Please please please please please let it be Newcastle. Honestly, I really do think I would piss my pants laughing if they got relegated.

If it was just the club I would agree with you, but as Kev is there, if the worst happened, I would fear for his sanity.

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
I think Bolton will struggle but I think Boro might suprise a few people, they ended on a high and if they keep Downing and Alves started to find the net.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I maintain that the 3 who came up are the 3 most likely to get relegated.

This is good news for a number of teams. Unlike previous seasons where the likes of Sunderland, Bolton, Birmingham and West Ham have been promoted and thrown enough cash at players and managers to stay up none of the 3 promotees this team have done that.

However, for the sake of this thread I'll put forward a name who, ordinarily, would get relegated with the sort of low points total they'll end up with - Blackburn.

It remains to be seen but I concur that Ince is out of his depth. The fact that the best players have left or are unsettled, plus the fact he thinks the likes of Robbie Fowler and Paul Robinson will help, are bad signs.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Cant see any "surprises" I would love Boro to do one but are probably still stronger - just- than the newly promoted teams,Blackburn simularly.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I agree with many on here and think that Blackburn will go down. West Brom are ok but not good enough to stay up and the other team will be Stoke. Olofinjana and Kitson are not bad signings, but they cannot be relied on. Have a feeling that Hull will be the surprise success of this season. Gardner, Boateng and Geovanni are good signings and I think Phil Brown is a decent manager.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That'll be the Hull that just lost 4-0 to Crewe, then?

Gardner's not a bad player but the others are just there for the pay cheque.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm starting to think it will be Blackburn. Signing Robbie Fowler and replacing Brad Friedel with Paul 'Misses' Robinson is not the way forward in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here