Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which players aren’t good enough for the Graham Potter revolution?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
To be fair to Ali J he has hardly played. At the turn of the year he got some game time , scored twice and then pretty much disappeared again.

The situation with Ali-J is bizarre. As you say, had two good games at the start of the year and hasn’t featured since. Potter praises him for his attitude but he can’t make the bench. Meanwhile, Potter insists on putting centre midfielders out wide :mad:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
ok so now we are safe... and only 1 game to go I am prepared to say who I think will/should/might be moved on if possible....

I don't expect all of them to go clearly as its far too many, but I would think if acceptable offers come in we would let them go.

Duffy
Gross
Stephens
Bernardo
Montoya
Ali J
Locadia
Andone
Murray

Kayal, Hemed , Button, Steele also …. damn that's a lot of players hehe

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think the players that are almost nailed on to be departing this summer are Button, Steele, Kayal and Duffy. There’s an argument to be has that one of Gross or Stephens needs to move on, and I can see Bernardo and Ali J leaving as well but we shall see :shrug:

All depends on how Potter wants to set up. My hope is Potter is able to bring in the players he needs to make the style of play we saw at the beginning of the season work. In which case a left back/ left wing back and a striker are top of the shopping list.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The players mooted here for departure that will definitely stay for their overall dressing room contribution, squad balance and specific roles are:

March
Duffy
Stephens
Murray

The players who offer more to other suitors and represent cash value are:

Ali J
Gross
Propper
Montoya

The players that will leave from this group are:

Ali J
Montoya

No chance Gross leaves as he offers too much and is a dependable squad player

The only player who has a point to prove is Propper... cue £25m bid from Serie A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
ok so now we are safe... and only 1 game to go I am prepared to say who I think will/should/might be moved on if possible....

I don't expect all of them to go clearly as its far too many, but I would think if acceptable offers come in we would let them go.

Duffy
Gross
Stephens
Bernardo
Montoya
Ali J
Locadia
Andone
Murray

No chance Bernardo leaves he can play either side and as CDM... he will stay as backup/rotation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Duffy
Gross
Stephens
Bernardo
Montoya
Ali J
Locadia
Andone
Murray

The question is who are we going to get in, do we replace with our youngsters e.g. Molumby or get new players in who might be untried at this level. None of the names in your list come as a surprise but I would add Propper . I am not sure why Ali J has not been given more game time to prove his worth, start of the year he delivered 2 valuable goals and that is what we need.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You don't take 4 first team starters out of your squad and also expect finishing 9th to 12th next season.

The club might look to 'Montoya' them for half or a full season, before moving them on, but they're going nowhere this summer, esp with 5 substitutes for next season as well.

Obviously subject to better replacements.

I didn’t mean that all four must go this summer. Just a genuine question to [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] (and anyone else) how they felt about those four individuals with regard to TB’s ambition for the club to be much higher up the table.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
As just a bloke who watches football...Why do so many of you say Duffy? as BHA defense looks so much stronger with him in it, when he is not playing it looks quite flaky.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
As just a bloke who watches football...Why do so many of you say Duffy? as BHA defense looks so much stronger with him in it, when he is not playing it looks quite flaky.

Primarily due to the fact that he's much less a ball-playing defender than Webster is/White will be - hence him being benched in favour of Webster and only appearing when we need to shore things up.

I don't think many would be happy to see him go, as he's been one HELL of a player for us over the past few years, but I wouldn't blame him for moving on, esp with White coming back.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Duffy
Gross
Stephens
Bernardo
Montoya
Ali J
Locadia
Andone
Murray

I think you can easily take Montoya and Murray out of that. With Schelotto confirmed to be leaving and Potter selecting Montoya for more games this season than Hughton did, it seems highly possible that the club are happy with RB. Murray with only a year left of his career (presumably) and Maupay talking about how important he is to both himself and Connolly off the pitch, it seems like he's a useful part of the squad even if he fades to become an unimportant one on the pitch.

Stephens, Gross and Duffy will probably stay unless we get a good bid for them but it could be the last chance for all three to get a big move and a large pay out (signing on fee). They'd all leave with a lot of love and sentimentality.

The rest are off I reckon. The oddity is Bernardo, a quality player who seemingly doesn't fit what Potter wants. I asked Naylor if his exclusion from yesterday's squad meant he was off and he said "Potter didn't mention any injury for Bernardo pre-match. I think it is fair to say from the head coach's selections this season that another different type of left-back to Burn will be a target."

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

Duffy
Gross
Stephens
Bernardo
Montoya
Ali J
Locadia
Andone
Murray

You’ve forgotten March, whose career has stalled and the last 2 managers haven’t been able to get him focused and firing on a regular basis.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Last night's commentators seemed convinced that Murray would leave before next season.

Have to say I was surprised at that.
I don't expect him to play much, but hadn't considered he would go somewhere else.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You’ve forgotten March, whose career has stalled and the last 2 managers haven’t been able to get him focused and firing on a regular basis.

His career has not stalled, IMO.
It just hasn't taken the path, many of us thought it would, when he was one of the best young prospects in the country.
This happens a lot.
He has developed into a solid premier league player, but not into a devastating winger.

He may well be off, but I think Potter sees him as a good squad option.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why is no-one saying Mooy? He is doing my head in recently, either not arsed or completely unfit.

That Gross / Mooy combo last night was so immobile it was unbelievable

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I love Duffy, we all do and he's a great defender, I just think he himself will want to move on if not getting game time.

But I am never ever disappointed when I see him starting for us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Why is no-one saying Mooy? He is doing my head in recently, either not arsed or completely unfit.

Said it loads of times... you cant have both in a starting 11
Damn we missed Alzate last night I thought

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

March fits with how we play, is versatile and mobile, a local lad who is I suspect relatively cheap, worth keeping in my book.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Primarily due to the fact that he's much less a ball-playing defender than Webster is/White will be - hence him being benched in favour of Webster and only appearing when we need to shore things up.

I don't think many would be happy to see him go, as he's been one HELL of a player for us over the past few years, but I wouldn't blame him for moving on, esp with White coming back.

but they are not similar players, Duffy is unique among our centre backs in that he is better with his head than his feet and that will make us better at corners (attacking and defending). I think he has a role to play in certain circumstances.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
but they are not similar players, Duffy is unique among our centre backs in that he is better with his head than his feet and that will make us better at corners (attacking and defending). I think he has a role to play in certain circumstances.

Oh I agree - I'd like to see him stay as he provides something that we don't really have (admittedly Dunk is good with his feet and his head) and he does cause a problem at set pieces. It's a tough situation, as with White returning, it's likely another step down the pecking order for Duffy. If we could keep him and keep everyone happy then i'm sure we will.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

True it’s now hard to believe that most of us were desperate to sign him. Since the Villa sending off he doesn’t seem to be the same player. Weird

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here