Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which players aren’t good enough for the Graham Potter revolution?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Come on Propper lovers ,

Remind of tonight when he made killer passes, assists , tested the keeper , dribbled past a player , skiinned the oppo ....

Infact I’ll take that for any game he’s played in

If Brighton want to be top 10 this guy isn’t your guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My point is that Propper plays for one of the best national teams in the world. Just stating a fact.

It’s a crap Dutch team and he’s not a regular starter .

You can carry on but you have no point .

Tyrone Mings plays for England

He’s shit

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
In fairness, [MENTION=13376]albionalex[/MENTION] remarked they have the potential for in each game, and not without good cause. Both have done so enough times to Create that impression at least. Tonight being such an example. Sorry, but you’ve not been paying attention if you’ve only just noticed after someone’s brought it to your attention.

Huh?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The midfield hasn’t been good enough since we came up

No goals , no assists and slow

Can’t be sentimental. We need better quality in there ..

Think Biss is a good start , but that’s about it for me

Team Bladders too.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I was a Propper doubter, not as extreme as you, but he’s won me over under Potter.

Off the top of my head, immense as a sub at Leicester, brilliant in our 3-3 comeback at West Ham.

Yes I know he doesn’t skin the opposition, we know many players don’t have that pace.

The problem tonight is, imho, I don’t see him best in sitting in front of the back 4 or being in that vicinity. Two reasons - the risks, as we saw, and he’s better running a CM pushed more forward.

If you want the team to improve you can’t think this guy is the midfielder to build around the next 3 years

I wouldn’t bin him but he should be squad , not a starter if you’re looking to progress

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So just 1 other then? Thought so.

I'll rise to this...

I guarantee that if you watch all the goals we've conceded where the ball has been run through midfield, Propper walks. I guarantee it.
Now you can say that isn't his job, but he doesn't score or get assists either so....

In fact, if you look at the great scapegoat of NSC, Stephens, you can point to a goal scoring opportunity saved and an incredible pass or two every game. Every game. And he is WAY WAY behind the required level.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Stephens - good servant but time to go
Propper - Premiership is too fast for him. Back to Dutch football where he will have the time to play. Not a defensive midfielder too many mistakes. Either play him in the Gross role or let him go.
Gross - Too slow and dead ball deliveries are not what they were.
We need more creativity from our midfield

At times tonight we played at pace through Trossard, McAlister and Lamptey and with better finishing we could have hurt them. The same quality replacing the three above with more pace and we will give most teams a good game. We are creating more chances than ever and beginning to get more people in the box. If we can get two or three quality players in we will be challenging higher up the league next year.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why is it an agenda to think we can do better in goal? How bizarre to take it so personally. It’s just my opinion.

Because he is far away from the first player we should be replacing. And you keep asking about which top six or top 10 teams would want to sign him. That is irrelevant. We are neither currently and a lot of our players would not interest those teams either.

To replace either Ryan or Propper with better players will cost us quite a bit. Maybe we should focus our summer transfer budget on a striker and another attacker rather than replacing two of our best players.

Anyway what we think is irrelevant. I am confident Potter agrees with me, given the number of games Ryan and Propper have played this season

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I would be surprised if any were, not because he is not good enough (he is) but because he is worth more to us than they would offer. He would not represent good value. There would be other options with a better value. If you ignore the market though: Any club outside the top six would have him on their list.

Everton are in 11th. They have Pickford.
Saints 12th, they have McCarthy
Newcastle 14th, Dubravka.

Also, outside the top 6? Leno? Henderson? Pope??

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you want the team to improve you can’t think this guy is the midfielder to build around the next 3 years

I wouldn’t bin him but he should be squad , not a starter if you’re looking to progress

The club may look strategically, but I look a season ahead at the very most.

If next season Potter plays him in the first team, I have faith in that.

Of course, any first 11 other than $$$$ Real Madrid, Bayern and ManC would improve by upgrading any first teamer in an ideal world. Can we afford an ACM upgrade on Propper, is it a priority for us in this summer window where we’ll have far less money to spend?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Because he is far away from the first player we should be replacing. And you keep asking about which top six or top 10 teams would want to sign him. That is irrelevant. We are neither currently and a lot of our players would not interest those teams either.

It’s actually very relevant.

If we want to be a top 10 club, we would naturally have players of that level. Lamptey, for example, is going to interest top 10 clubs.

GP, whether he wanted to or not wouldn’t have been in a position to replace Matty this season, so that’s not a marker. But next season will be interesting and I’ll watch with great interest to see if he makes any moves for a keeper.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
Pröpper has played 87% of minutes in the Prem this season; 3rd most in the squad. I’d be shocked if he goes. He does have the odd mistake in him, but even today, he played some nice passes and had some interceptions.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Honestly the love for Propper is laughable , he’s the Prem version of JFC

Ticks it over . That’s about it

No goals , no assists , no bite , no pace

1 Goal
2 Assists
1,711 passes
2,166 touches
28 Shots
63 Tackles
31 Clearances

But other than these hasn't contributed at all.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It’s actually very relevant.

If we want to be a top 10 club, we would naturally have players of that level. Lamptey, for example, is going to interest top 10 clubs.

GP, whether he wanted to or not wouldn’t have been in a position to replace Matty this season, so that’s not a marker. But next season will be interesting and I’ll watch with great interest to see if he makes any moves for a keeper.

And if 6ft White is starting it's another serious consideration. The height thing, and ergo presence in the box, has become a bit of an NSC joke, but if your backline doesn't average 6ft 9 it DOES matter. If it's Lampey, White, Webster, Bernardo you start to think about the size of your GK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here