Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which players aren’t good enough for the Graham Potter revolution?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So you think every player is great and we can do no better?

Our team can not be improved?

Propper does not score enough goals, and switches off and makes mistakes, he does have good games from time to time. But Bissouma is already a far more formidable CM.

That's absolutely, clearly not what he's saying.

We can definitely improve in more than one area but to suggest getting rid of three long standing players ostensibly on the back of a 1-3 defeat to the champions of the country is madness.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
PHP:
Examples of others?

Wolves at home around Christmas. Plenty of others too I just don’t write them all down as the season progresses. But trust me he makes plenty. One other terrible sideways pass made blind after lockdown I think against Leicester too.

I wouldn’t mind but a couple of goals and the odd assist in 3 full seasons is shite.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alex do you have a poster of Proper on your wall or something? Fans are allowed to not rate some players.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Come on Propper lovers ,

Remind of tonight when he made killer passes, assists , tested the keeper , dribbled past a player , skiinned the oppo ....

Infact I’ll take that for any game he’s played in

If Brighton want to be top 10 this guy isn’t your guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Please can you show me these goal conceding mistakes from every game this season.

In fairness, [MENTION=13376]albionalex[/MENTION] remarked they have the potential for in each game, and not without good cause. Both have done so enough times to Create that impression at least. Tonight being such an example. Sorry, but you’ve not been paying attention if you’ve only just noticed after someone’s brought it to your attention.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That's absolutely, clearly not what he's saying.

We can definitely improve in more than one area but to suggest getting rid of three long standing players ostensibly on the back of a 1-3 defeat to the champions of the country is madness.

Who said it’s based on the Liverpool game.

Again, this is based on the season, on GP’s reign so far.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Current squad could challenge for the top 10 Bloom (or was it Barber?) spoke about. No panic to clear out a lot of players. Let three or four reserves go and add one or two quality players.

The secret greater ambition would need more changes and we'll see that happening gradually.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Playing the ball out to the midfield is what he's been asked to do

And that may just be something we have to get used to, just as we had to get used to Hughton's refusal to leave Knocky (or one of our other faster players) up on the half way line at corners and free kicks.
I guess all managers will have what appears - to the fans at least - to be a blind spot.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So you think every player is great and we can do no better?

Our team can not be improved?

Propper does not score enough goals, and switches off and makes mistakes, he does have good games from time to time. But Bissouma is already a far more formidable CM.

Did you read my post? I questioned two of the players you criticised and said you had a point with one, although didn't think this was the time to start the thread. Where does that translate to me thinking every player is great?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Which players aren’t good enough for the Graham Potter revolution?

Most of them, if Potter and Bloom want to see us in the top ten...:shrug:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He is, I agree, he’s not BAD. But if we’re looking to move up as a club and play this way, I think it is reasonable to question if we can improve in all areas, especially goal keeper.

Put it this way, would any top 6 teams would be interested in Matty?

Are you seriously saying we should let Ryan go because no top six team would be interested in him? You do realise we have finished 15th and 17th and are currently 15th in our Premier League seasons?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Put Biss and Alzate in CM tonight and would have been a draw - were not far off

Potter clearly loves "thinking through" the challenge - am sure he must have some interesting conversations with TB at times who will have all the stats info which are his forte as well

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
In fairness, [MENTION=13376]albionalex[/MENTION] remarked they have the potential for in each game, and not without good cause. Both have done so enough times to Create that impression at least. Tonight being such an example. Sorry, but you’ve not been paying attention if you’ve only just noticed after someone’s brought it to your attention.

Exactly...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Come on Propper lovers ,

Remind of tonight when he made killer passes, assists , tested the keeper , dribbled past a player , skiinned the oppo ....

Infact I’ll take that for any game he’s played in

If Brighton want to be top 10 this guy isn’t your guy

I was a Propper doubter, not as extreme as you, but he’s won me over under Potter.

Off the top of my head, immense as a sub at Leicester, brilliant in our 3-3 comeback at West Ham.

Yes I know he doesn’t skin the opposition, we know many players don’t have that pace.

The problem tonight is, imho, I don’t see him best in sitting in front of the back 4 or being in that vicinity. Two reasons - the risks, as we saw, and he’s better running a CM pushed more forward.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The midfield hasn’t been good enough since we came up

No goals , no assists and slow

Can’t be sentimental. We need better quality in there ..

Think Biss is a good start , but that’s about it for me

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
PHP:

Wolves at home around Christmas. Plenty of others too I just don’t write them all down as the season progresses. But trust me he makes plenty. One other terrible sideways pass made blind after lockdown I think against Leicester too.

I wouldn’t mind but a couple of goals and the odd assist in 3 full seasons is shite.

So just 1 other then? Thought so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here