Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which players aren’t good enough for the Graham Potter revolution?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Do we have the funds for a revolution? Nope. So evolution it is. And yet evolution takes time and football doesn’t afford you that usually. Players get poached, as do managers. It’s unrealistic to think about moving players on in numbers, whilst they’ve still got contracts. Hence Propper is here for the next few years even though people, including me, think he’s ‘not good enough’ (fine player that he is). It’s all a balance therefore. But if we could swap 5 players for someone better, I’d be looking mostly at the midfield and attack: March, Murray, Propper, Stephens and, controversially, perhaps Burn too...(misses a lot of chances, that Duffy would perhaps score/is an International/great p’ship with Dunk etc)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Honestly the love for Propper is laughable , he’s the Prem version of JFC

Ticks it over . That’s about it

No goals , no assists , no bite , no pace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Proper. Has been caught out a few times now, switches off, always has a mistake in him when playing from the back

Dale. Great pro. Great guy. But is too often chasing shadows. We can and should do better than Dale Stevens.

Matty Ryan, this choice hurts. He’s a great Aussie character, but it’s always nerve wracking watching him short passes. I also feel you want your goalie to make some worldies. Conceded too many soft goals.

Which players do you think Potter will ship out?

Propper is one of out best players. Yes, he made a mistake tonight for the first goal but to say he is not good enough for us is ridiculous.

Ryan is also great. He is a brilliant shot stopper. Despite what you say, I saw his stats the other day and his passing is in the top three in the Premier League. The soft goal comment always annoys me. He rarely makes mistakes

Stephens you may have a point but this seems a very harsh thread when we have just given Liverpool a very good game.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Honestly the love for Propper is laughable , he’s the Prem version of JFC

Ticks it over . That’s about it

No goals , no assists , no bite , no pace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect comparison.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Think Stephens and Duffy will join Hughton at Bristol City.

Duffy is one of the best defenders in the Premier League at defending. Not all clubs require their centre backs to be able to play out from defence. He’d have plenty of EPL interest from clubs like Palace & Burnley if he is surplus to requirements here.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9410265 said:
Propper is a quality player, can't believe that some people can't see it :shrug:

Makes too many mistakes , look at the first goal tonight

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nonsense, he has made great stops all season and over his time here. Seriously, why do have this agenda? He is EASILY a Premier league quality keeper. EASILY.

He is, I agree, he’s not BAD. But if we’re looking to move up as a club and play this way, I think it is reasonable to question if we can improve in all areas, especially goal keeper.

Put it this way, would any top 6 teams would be interested in Matty?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Propper is one of out best players. Yes, he made a mistake tonight for the first goal but to say he is not good enough for us is ridiculous.

Ryan is also great. He is a brilliant shot stopper. Despite what you say, I saw his stats the other day and his passing is in the top three in the Premier League. The soft goal comment always annoys me. He rarely makes mistakes

Stephens you may have a point but this seems a very harsh thread when we have just given Liverpool a very good game.

So you think every player is great and we can do no better?

Our team can not be improved?

Propper does not score enough goals, and switches off and makes mistakes, he does have good games from time to time. But Bissouma is already a far more formidable CM.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Duffy is one of the best defenders in the Premier League at defending. Not all clubs require their centre backs to be able to play out from defence. He’d have plenty of EPL interest from clubs like Palace & Burnley if he is surplus to requirements here.

Yeah, no way will he drop a league. Absolute warrior and would be gutted to lose him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't think Jahanbakhsh or Murray will still be here next season if we can find replacements for them.

Both in contract next season....... Can you see many takers. ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here