Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Player Are You Most Excited About Next Season?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Bit of a different one for me. I didn’t realise until recently that Lewis Dunk is 31. He’s probably got 2, maybe 3 seasons left in his prime. I feel lucky to watch him every time I see him play
Dunk, Veltman, Webster are all very close in age. Another factor for why Colwill has been so high up our list of targets is his ability at such a young age that should put us in a brilliant position for many years. Dunk is always solid and at some stage we will need a plan for AD...I'm glad it is not me responsible for finding his successor

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Excited to see how many Ferguson can score, followed by a list of 1/2 dozen players who could be immense talents. Top of said list is Enciso, who, if he plays an entire season how he finished the last, could become our greatest player ever.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Excellent thread. My gut reaction to this question was Dahoud; I genuinely reckon we've struck gold with him in every single way.

Of the returning players it has to be Enciso, based purely on his rate of improvement last year, as well as Lallana's words about him in the Graham Hunter interview.

All in all even without Europe this is the most excited I think I've ever been preseason.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Dahoud and Alzate are going to push Gilmour and Groß very hard indeed for those two CM positions. Pedro looks really exciting on the showreels and the fact that the club have in effect stated they are keeping Lamptey means that he is probably taking a lot of strides with RDZ and is fit. It’s his forward passing that needs work I think plus his decision making but I suspect he has been made to study hours and hours of Esupiñan action whilst injured and will hopefully have learnt a fair amount.

1. Dahoud
2. Joao Pedro
3. Alzate
4. Lamptey

Honourable mention for Moder, I’d just like to see him fit and getting some minutes, performance can come later.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’ve been so focused on the Colwill / Igor defensive signing I forget how many exciting young attacking players we have, this season is going to be exciting

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I think we’ve the European games to juggle we’ll see a couple of youth players given a chance to shine. I love the thought of one of them grabbing that chance and bursting on to the scene; especially Hinshelwood and his Brighton connections.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was writing a long reply mentioning about 15 players who could be the star of this season, but managed to delete it :dunce:

So Jeremy, this will be his year to come of age :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here